Win 10 - Network disconnected after update 1809

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by AleksanderZ, Feb 13, 2019.

1. AleksanderZ

AleksanderZ Bit poster

I stopped updates (and made snapshot to be sure) If I let VM to get updates to 1809 - network adapter will get disconnected.
    I tried reinstalling parallels tools with no luck.
    Is there a fix for the update, or I have to completely reinstall VM as only option?

2. KebhaK@Parallels

KebhaK@Parallels Hunter

Please let us know your Parallels Desktop version and Mac OS version.

3. AleksanderZ

AleksanderZ Bit poster

Parallels Version 13.3.2 (43368)
    MacOS 10.14.2 (18C54)

4. KebhaK@Parallels

KebhaK@Parallels Hunter

If you have anti-virus installed in your Windows virtual machine please uninstall or disable it. Then perform a clean boot by following steps in this article and SFC by following steps in this article on your Windows virtual machine. Then manually reinstall Parallels Tools by following steps in this article and check the installation.

5. Iwan2

Iwan2 Bit poster

Hi, I am experiencing the similar issue. My Mac version is 10.12.6 and my parallels version is 13.1.1 (43120). And I install a fresh windows 10 with build 1909.
    There is no anti virus running and I have tried to reinstall the Parallels Tools manually.
    When I boot up the Windows 10 VM, the network is connected, but after sometimes, it gets disconnected by itself.
    Please assist.

6. Hi Iwan2. Please update Parallels Desktop 13 to the latest build which is 13.3.2 and check if it works properly.

7. Iwan2

Iwan2 Bit poster

Hi,
    I upgraded the parallel to 13.3.2, I still experiencing the same. I have to disable and re-enable the network at Win10 then it back online. Or I restart the Win10.
    I also have Win7 VM which works okay on the same machine.
    Please assist.
    Thanks.

8. Are you using Shared network or the Bridge mode?

9. Iwan2

Iwan2 Bit poster

Hi, I am using the bridge mode default as I need to have the same range network ip.

10. Did you get any specific warning/error message?

11. Iwan2

Iwan2 Bit poster

No warning or pop up error message. I notice the network icon changes to no Internet/ connection, however when I go to the Apple panel, the connection is available.

12. You've reinstalled Parallels Tools with out any issues, right?

13. MIDIPanic

MIDIPanic Junior Member