Unable to resume after suspend

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by BryanM, Feb 7, 2019.

1. BryanM

BryanM Member

Ever since version 12 I have been unable to resume Windows XP after suspend. Upgrade to version 14 made no difference. When I resume after suspend, the desktop opens and the mouse moves, but no items can be selected or opened. The only path open is to STOP the VM and reboot Windows. I can't even Shut Down.

2. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Have you tried to create a new VM and checked? If you are facing the issue only with a particular VM, then it might be an issue with the VM.

3. BryanM

BryanM Member

The thing is, I feel out on a limb with my XP VM. I used to have a legitimate copy of XP on a CD, but God only knows where that is now and I don't know how to create a new VM without authorized Windows media. I can't, can I?

4. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

If you have the activation key for Windows XP, you can download the ISO file from third-party sites to create a new virtual machine.

5. BryanM

BryanM Member

Parallels lets me "Transfer Windows from a PC". Does this mean it will transfer a Windows OS from my laptop to a VM, or just files and programs?

6. KebhaK@Parallels

KebhaK@Parallels Hunter

You can transfer Windows OS and associated contents (files) from your laptop as a virtual machine to your Mac by using Parallels Desktop. Please refer this article to check your system requirements before migrating PC as a virtual machine and follow steps in this article to migrate PC.

7. BryanM

BryanM Member

I went to your website and downloaded the transfer agent for Parallels 14, but on my Windows XP laptop, it gives me the following error:
    The procedure entry point GetUserPreferredUILanguages could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNAL32.dll

8. KebhaK@Parallels

KebhaK@Parallels Hunter

Are you migrating Windows XP PC using external drive or network?

9. BryanM

BryanM Member

Network. But I can't run the Transfer Agent.

10. Did you get any error message during starting the Transfer agent?

11. BryanM

BryanM Member

When I try to start the Transfer Agent, it gives me the following error:
    "The procedure entry point GetUserPreferredUILanguages could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNAL32.dll"

12. BryanM

BryanM Member

I located another Windows XP computer. I downloaded and installed the Parallels Transporter Agent for Parallels 14 on it. It gives me the exact same error message when I try to launch the agent:
    "The procedure entry point GetUserPreferredUILanguages could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNAL32.dll"

13. could you please generate the problem report using this KB article and reply us back with the report ID. Please generate report right after the issue reproduced.

14. BryanM

BryanM Member

You keep not understanding the problem. I cannot generate your ID code because I cannot run the Transporter Agent. Before the program even begins to run, I get the error message and I am returned to Windows. The Transporter program never starts running.

15. BryanM

BryanM Member

Your EXE file does not successfully install the Transporter Agent on either of my two computers.

16. Sorry for misunderstanding. Could you please try the following steps:
    Please run System File Checker to check for missing or corrupt files.
    Click the Start Menu and hover your mouse over All Programs, then however your mouse over Accessories and select Command Prompt. Then type in sfc /scannow and press enter.
    Please run Disk Check to check for bad sectors.
    Click the Start Menu and hover your mouse over All Programs, then however your mouse over Accessories and select Command Prompt. Then type in chkdsk volume:/r and press enter.

17. mmika

mmika Pro