Scan from Mac to MS Server 2016

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by ThomasG24, Feb 20, 2019.

1. ThomasG24

ThomasG24 Bit poster

Hey Guys,

just a short Question, one colleague of mine said that Scanning from a Mac is impossible.
    I tried so and came to the same conclussion but is it really right or did we just missed a thing in the configuration?

Thanks,
    Thomas

2. Hi, you can add scanner to your VM using this KB https://kb.parallels.com/112610
    So you can try and let us know the results. Also please inform if it's not that case.

3. ThomasG24

ThomasG24 Bit poster

Ooops, i postet this in the wrong Section. Is it possible to move it in the RAS Section?

We are running a Parallels Remote Application Server on a Terminal Server running Windows Server 2016.
    The Clients which connects to the RAS are unfortunately a bit mixxed. So we have a Mac and 3 Windows Clients. Scanning with the Windows Clients works pretty good.
    But with the Mac Client it doesnt work. A Scanner is shown in the device manger but only as "universal Scanner". If we want to scan from this device nothing happens on the Scanner. So is it possible to Scan with a Parallels Mac Client on Windows Server 2016 RAS? If yes: are there any configurations we've missed?

Thanks,
    Thomas

4. @ThomasG24, you've tried this KB right?
    And also please provide us with the RAS and Mac client version which you 're using. Thanks in advance.

5. @ThomasG24, I've confirmed this Mac Client behavior with the Parallels Engineering team. So, Scanner doesn't work on the Mac client. We've already submitted a feature request and once we get any news about future updates we will let you know.