Failed to get the Video youtube

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Mac' started by RazanA, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Hi,

Please Quit Parallels Toolbox application, then launch it again, after that either wait for 2-3 mins or right click (double tap) Toolbox and choose 'Check for Updates'. After updating the components Video Download tool should work fine.

2. OwenS

OwenS Junior Member

I'll have to double check - however since this is not part of the toolbox suite (it's standalone), i'm not sure this will work...

It's a totally stand-alone application that doesn't launch or integrate with the toolbox.

Will this still work?

3. sergk

sergk Parallels Developers

Owen,
    we've updated the library for downloading video specially for Download Video Stndalone product.
    All you need is to quit from Download Video Standalone, start it again, wait 2-3 minutes and try to download video again.

Let us know about the result.

4. OwenS

OwenS Junior Member

Hello Sergk,

Sorry for the delay - I think this is working now...I haven't checked the person on Windows, but my Dad's mac version seems to be working reliably now.

Thanks for your help!

Owen

5. RAILITYL

RAILITYL Member

Are you experiencing the issue only with a particular video or with all the video files from youtube?

Last edited: May 18, 2019
  6. Jim13

Jim13 Bit poster

I have the same problem. Both Video and Audio worked fine for months, and then stopped this week. Tried technical suggestion above, but doesnt help.
    using macOC Catalina Version 10.15.2
    Report ID: 331399412
    upload_2020-1-24_10-20-32.png

7. sam31

sam31 Bit poster

Same issue here, was working just fine until a couple of days ago, tried every recommended solution with no positive results.

This issue occurs with all videos on youtube, including ones that worked just a couple of days before.
    Im able to use other methods to DL these same videos, so does not appear to be copyright issues.

I tried updating to latest version, but it appears im using latest one already. any suggestions? this was the primary reason for purchasing this software, so rather disappointing this core feature is not working, though I am finding other functions quit useful

thanks

Sam.

8. kon_serg

kon_serg Bit poster

Hello,

could you please send us Technical Report (to check version of Parallels Toolbox and logs)?
    https://kb.parallels.com/en/124107

Also please provide us with one or two links to video that couldn't be downloaded.

9. sam31

sam31 Bit poster

report made.

this video was downloaded last week, but unable to now.
    and

using latest update on Sierra 10.13.6 and Catalina 10.15.3 (updated recently) was not working via either OS with latest version. though a week ago worked just fine on multiple videos.

10. sam31

sam31 Bit poster

Any word on this issue?

its still not working, just hangs and fails.

11. countrys

countrys Bit poster

Personal experience: that may because ( for not able to download video on youtube)
    They (Google) have adapted a kind of new video technology called AV1 codec, as I know some of the downloaders/ devices do not support this kind of codec, hence that became the reason why they failed to download/ decode their downloaded video.
    There are some useful resources may be helpful.
    https://bloggeek.me/av1-video-codec/
    https://www.winxdvd.com/video-converter/a-brief-intro-to-av1-codec.htm