Need to move license for parallels desktop 10 to new mac

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by ppobozy, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have reset your Parallels Desktop 13 activation key.

2. Elmo

Elmo Bit poster

Can you reset my registration key for Parallels Desktop 10?
    I am trying to move a license form an old Mac to a new one (and cannot access the old Mac). I tried the terminal command approach (prlsrvctl activate-license-online) and still get the "Failed to activate the license: Unable to confirm the product license. You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key (http://www.parallels.com/eula). Please purchase a new product license." message. Thanks.

3. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have reset the activation key. Please follow the instructions below:
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop, then try to activate after launching it again.
    2. If you are still unable to activate, Open Terminal on the Mac and execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online
    Note: If you have macOS X Sierra or above, purchase Parallels Desktop 14 and use.

4. MohamedA6

MohamedA6 Bit poster

Hi,
    My mac was stolen, and I am trying to activate the licence on the new mac. I received a message saying that the maximum number of activations available was reached.
    I also tried to execute the "prlsrvctl activate-license-online" command in Terminal, but it says the key was "blacklisted".
    Thanks for your help,

5. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello MohamedA6, Please check our private conversation.

6. Renato Farias

Renato Farias Bit poster

I am having the same issue, moved computers and didnt realise I needed to deactivate the older one (the OS was wiped completely so I cant deactivate). Can you please do this at your end.

My account is Renato.***@icloud.com
    Version 11
    Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2018
  7. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have reset the activation key. Try to activate again.

8. SarbP

SarbP Bit poster

Hello,

I need to move my parallels desktop 10 for mac licence from my old desktop to my new MacBook pro. Can you remove my licence from my existing mac so i can install and reactivate it on my laptop. thanks..

Hopefully, you can reset it for me soon.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
  9. Hi SarbP. We have reset the activation key. Please follow the instructions below:
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop, then try to activate after launching it again.
    2. If you are still unable to activate, Open Terminal on the Mac and execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online
    Note: If you have macOS X Sierra or above, purchase Parallels Desktop 14 and use.

10. SarbP

SarbP Bit poster

thank you that worked for me.

11. AgoesS

AgoesS Bit poster

Hi

I can not use my activation key, it says that the code is not valid for your version
    I bought it just yesterday, but I try to activation, it doesn't really work, please I need your assist.

12. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We are glad to hear that the issue is resolved. Feel free to reach out to us anytime for support.

13. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We are unable to find any activation key on your account. We request you to register the activation key in your account then check the activation key is for the same version installed or not. You can also let us know after registering the license key in your account to check and assist you further.

14. GeorgeR1

GeorgeR1 Bit poster

My old iMac recently died so I'm unable to deactivate the current licence. Can you please help me with this so I can reinstall on my replacement computer? Thank you.

15. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello GeorgeR1, We have reset the Parallels Desktop license key. kindly try to activate it. If the issue still persists, please execute the following command with Terminal < prlsrvctl activate-license-online >.

16. VermeerG

VermeerG Bit poster

I moved from my old macbook pro to a new mac mini.
    I cannot move my activation key for Parallels Desktop 10.
    prlsrvctl activate-license-online did not work (You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key)
    I cannot disable my action key on my old mac, there is no option for this.
    Please help, this is such a hassle. Just imagine if every other app I paid for was such a hassle to move. But it is just your app, all my other paid apps moved fine.
    Please deactivate my activation key on any other Mac than my one and only Mac Mini.

17. Hi, I didn't find Parallels Desktop 10 key in your account. Could you please send it via pm and we will reset it for you.

18. TechW1

TechW1 Bit poster

I am facing the same problem :(

Last edited: May 2, 2019
  19. DennisC5

DennisC5 Bit poster

Same problem today - trying to move Parallels 10 to a new Mac laptop. There is no option to deactivate the license on the current laptop. I uninstalled. But new laptop provides no option to acknowledge that the license has been uninstalled on the old machine.

20. Hi, your key has been reset, please check the issue reply us back with the results.