MacOS creating ICON file visible in Windows

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Anthony Sbarro, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Anthony Sbarro

Anthony Sbarro Member

For the Windows software I'm using, this is creating a problem. There's always this Icon file in each folder that I have to go and delete (from more than a dozen folders) before my software will properly save the project.

Screen Shot 2019-03-12 at 1.25.23 PM.png

2. KebhaK@Parallels

KebhaK@Parallels Hunter

Are you trying to disable desktop sharing between Mac and Windows?

3. Anthony Sbarro

Anthony Sbarro Member

I don't want to disable desktop / file sharing. I often move files back and forth between Mac and PC.

4. Please clarify what app are you using? I mean your software for your projects.

5. Anthony Sbarro

Anthony Sbarro Member

What software I'm using is irrelevant. Any file I move from Mac to Windows has this icon file in it. The software I'm using is from Crestron. When I compile a project it sees these icon files and gives me an error that the project can not be compiled - I'm guessing because it doesn't know what to do with the icon files.

6. Anthony Sbarro

Anthony Sbarro Member

Still looking for a way to eliminate the ICON files from folders when moving from Mac to Windows. I seem to recall this being a known issue many years ago that was resolved either with a software update or as a check box option to avoid the issue.