Connecting to Maria Database On Mac From Windows in Parallels

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by JamesR27, Mar 16, 2019.

1. JamesR27

JamesR27 Bit poster

Hi,

I am running Mac Mojave, on the Mac section I have MariaDB installed and connect using standard socket.
    I am running windows 10 from within parallels (standard/recommended) setup.

In windows I am running visual studio and trying to connect to the above mentioned MariaDB database.
    When trying to connect im getting the constant error "Host 'windows-10.shared' is not allowed to connect to this MariaDB server"

I have tried adding 'windows-10.shared' as a user for MariaDB but im unable to do so because of the '.shared.
    So the question is:
    How do I remove the ''.shared" from the hostname or is there something else I need to do etc

Thanks

2. kat

kat Product Expert

Hi JamesR27,
    I think there is something else you may need to do. It's all about sharing between both the VM and your macOS. You may have your vm isolated from your mac under security setting in the configuration area. Or you may have restricted some of your sharing options in Parallels or in windows.
    This knowledge base article may help you: https://kb.parallels.com/en/121008.