Parallels 14.1.2 Install Fails with no error?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Nicholas_G, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Nicholas_G

Nicholas_G Junior Member

System Software Overview:

System Version: macOS 10.14.4 (18E215a)
    Kernel Version: Darwin 18.5.0
    Boot Volume: MacOS
    Boot Mode: Normal
    Computer Name: MacBook
    Secure Virtual Memory: Enabled
    System Integrity Protection: Enabled

When I click the install app it flashes for a second and then terminates. Where would I look in Console or the specific installer logs to see why this is failing?

2. kat

kat Product Expert

Hi Nicholas _G,
    Try redownloading the version of Parallels you own. The issue may be that you are using a Beta of the mac OS (latest drop). (with the last few drops certain functions have been effected, I would check on the apple beta forum for answers). I have an existing Vm working no issues working on Parallels Desktop 14 for Mac pro Ed. version 14.1.2 (45479) which I believe is the latest Parallels update.
    PS there may a newer bata from apple

3. Nicholas_G

Nicholas_G Junior Member

Same result. It mounts the DMG and I run the installer and as soon as its open it crashes without an error message.

4. EdwinT1

EdwinT1 Bit poster

I just installed the Version 14.1.3 (45485) and when installing the Parallels Tools in Windows 7, at the midway point the screen resolution changed, then went black, and appeared to lock. I am now unable to get Windows to operate properly. It starts but I only get a black screen with an arrow cursor. I was able to update my Windows 10 Vm without problem. Any suggestions?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
  5. Please try to reset your Win7 using Actions -> Reset options. (You can find Actions tab on the Top Mac menu after clicking on VM window )

6. RentiaG

RentiaG Bit poster

Good day,

I am also getting a black screen with parallels startup. I have tried restarting in safe mode but it keeps going back to black screeen. Sorry I am not very tech savvy so I dont know how to follow other suggestions. Please help!!!

7. Guys, please check this KB article for the Windows 10 black screen issue.
    And also we have a blog article for the Windows 7 black screen issue troubleshooting.

8. Also please check a screenshot for more info about Actions-> reset option

Attached Files: