Outlook 2016 Badge Count Incorrect

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by KenW7, Mar 22, 2019.

1. KenW7

KenW7 Bit poster

Running Windows 10 in Parallels on 2018 MacBook Pro. I have Windows running programs on the Mac Dock. The Oulook 2016 icon on the dock has a badge of (I assume) unread emails. It is VERY wrong...as in not even close. I have marked all emails as read, and it shows 27.
    Is this a bug? Am I missing something else?

Thanks all.

2. Hi, please try the following:
    1. In the "Search Current Mailbox (Ctrl+E)" box, type: read:no and hit Enter.
    2. When it shows "Find More on Server" link, click it. Then the unread email(s) should appear.

and then let us know the results.

3. KenW7

KenW7 Bit poster

Hi, unfortunately that did not resolve me issue. I currently show multiple unread emails, and the badge today shows no badge at all.
    Further question: I have 3 accounts configured in Outollok 2016. Does the Parallels dock badge use all of them, or only the primary?
    Thanks.

William Fulmer likes this.
  4. So, you have unread messages and it doesn't show at all on the Outlook badge?
    Did you try to logon/logoff from outlook and try to reconnect to the server for example?

5. William Fulmer

William Fulmer Junior Member

Similar here. Any accounts that you have "-AccessRights FullAccess" over (delegate) means that mailbox will Automap within your Outlook profile and based on what I am seeing ... if that mailbox has unreal emails, the Outlook icon is badged with the total unread emails.

Any thoughts on how to bade ONLY for the primary mailbox?

6. DoniK

DoniK Hunter

This is why I turned off the Outlook badge years ago. It's been this way since PD introduced support for it -- more frustrating than helpful.

7. MorningA

MorningA Bit poster

Good Blog for sharing the experience and knowledge