Use Version 10 on MacBookAir

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by AndreasW9, Apr 6, 2019.

1. AndreasW9

AndreasW9 Bit poster

I bought a full version 14 - not an Update! Can I use my first/old Version 10 on my other MacBookAir?

2. Afflospark.

Afflospark. Bit poster

the License key of 14 will not work on version 10.
    Why do you even want to use 10 if you have 14? Is there any compatibility issue with your other MacBook air?

3. AndreasW9

AndreasW9 Bit poster

I want to use the Version 14 on my i-Mac and use the old version 10 on my Air. I use my old Air only as pdf-reader when flying, because it's a small device. After my "update" of my i-Mac, I can't give/set my old version 10 free, so that I can use it: that was the question. In my opinion, I thought, this should work, because I bought a full version, and not an update. Therefor, I hopped, that I can reuse my Version 10 for that...

4. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello AndreasW9. Yes, you do have separate licenses for Parallels 10 and 14 versions, as seen in our records. So you can use version 10 on the MacBook Air (assuming there'll be no version compatibility issues). (SIDE NOTE: We see 2 licenses for Parallels 14 in your account, not just one.)