Win10 Transporter - file size wrong

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Frank22, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Frank22

Frank22 Bit poster

I've attempted multiple times to use the Parallels Transporter Agent to move my Win10 PC to Parallels. I disable antivirus, select my NAS as the external storage, elect to only copy the OS and apps, and 45 minutes later I have my PVM file. However, when I try to then import it into Parallels, it says the required space is some ridiculous number (18 million GB or something similar). I tried working with an agent yesterday, but to no avail. He said something was wrong with the file because it generated a lot of .hds files, and to follow this KB https://kb.parallels.com/119172. However, I'm still having the same issue. I tried creating a blank VM then pointing it to the HDD file, but didn't work either.

Anyone else seen this issue, or perhaps have some tips? Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

2. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We request you use an external drive directly connected to the Windows which is formatted to the exFAT file format for migrating Windows.

3. Frank22

Frank22 Bit poster

No dice. Used a 500GB external drive. ExFAT. Still telling me it requires an exorbitant amount of space.