Hide the main Parallels icon on the dock when in coherence

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by ParallelsU227, Feb 16, 2019.

1. ParallelsU227

ParallelsU227 Bit poster

Hello. I'm using Parallels with Windows 8 for just one program being run in coherence mode. The experience is incredibly seamless, but one thing that bothers me some is that my dock has two Parallels icons. One is for the program I'm running, and a second is for the "entire VM" (so the context menu includes options such as "Power User Menu", "Control Center", "Actions", general VM configuration, and so on). For my use case, this means I've more or less have the same icon twice. I'm wondering then, what ways there are to hide this second icon, and have just the one for the program being run?

2. Hi, could you make a screenshot of this issue please? And provide us with it.

3. ParallelsU227

ParallelsU227 Bit poster

Hello. This is what I mean. You can see two Parallels icons on my dock, one being the music player in coherence, the other the "entire" VM. I have no use for the later, so it's just clutter, and (for my purposes) a duplicate. My request is for a way to hide it.

Attached Files:

4. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

It is not possible to hide the main icon of the VM. If you are using Windows in coherence, the main icon acts as the "Start Menu" and display all options.