No boot device is available

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by RobbieT1, Dec 3, 2018.

1. RobbieT1

RobbieT1 Bit poster

Hello-
    When I started parallels this morning I received a low memory error. I had 5gb free in the Windows 7 partition running Bootcamp and Parallels. I downloaded a program called NTFSmac to delete some folders on the Window 7 virtual HD. The only folders I trashed were 2 large game folders. Now when boot I am receiving a "No boot device is available"

I went through the support steps with no success. I have Quickbooks on this partition and I need those files for payroll. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you,
    Robbie

2. Hi RobbieT1. Please provide the macOS and the Parallels Desktop version.

3. KianS

KianS Bit poster

Hello, It seems like you made some mistakes in the beginning so I think you should resetup the window because it is working fine for me. I am also useing some famous software like facetime for pc and GarageBand on Windows and they are doing well.

4. lorein

lorein Member

Well in this case run the SFC scan and also check the lose drive as due to this you can be getting the No Boot Device Available message in Windows 7.
    Hope this works for you, or else to recover the lost QuickBooks data you can make use of the QuickBooks File Repair Tool, this help you to restore lost, deleted, corrupted QuickBooks data.

5. AmirG

AmirG Bit poster