Policy and Printing issue

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by PiotrK3, Apr 24, 2019.

1. PiotrK3

PiotrK3 Bit poster

Hello
    Im very new - im just testing RAS solution to be ready to replace my citrix farm.
    So, question is :
    Is it normal, that RAS clients devices - DEFAULT printer overwrites the printer assigned by GPO?
    1. So, I've created GPO, which assign printers as preference (and one printer as default).
    2. I've created RAS polisy to connect all local printers using RAS driver
    3. Default printer in that policy is NONE

and Im logging from any client by any user.
    During the login process, all printers are connected by GPO, but after appearing printers from client, sudenly default printer is changed to the local one.

How can I prevent that ?
    Im just quite supprised that it is not possible to redirect printers exactly in the same way as on citrix (It is quite popular on citrix 6.5).

Thanks !
    Piotr

2. jpc

jpc Pro

@PiotrK3: From what I understood, your RAS policy's printing section looks like this, right?
    upload_2019-4-25_13-25-23.png

This configuration works for me. The printer that is the default printer on the server remains the default.

If the default printer is set to none, RAS should not change the default printer in any way.

Please make sure that:
    * The RAS policy is actually being applied (on the client, you should not be able to select any printing settings)
    * If you are using Serve r2016 and later, you may be affected by: https://community.spiceworks.com/to...default-printer-runs-but-does-not-set-default.

3. PiotrK3

PiotrK3 Bit poster

Hello, It is really strange. Today it works fine. Yes, I have these above settings. We are useing Windows 2008 R2.
    Crazy...