"Your Product Activation Key Reached Its Activation Limit..."

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Gamesurgeon, May 14, 2014.

1. JeffA3

JeffA3 Bit poster

Hello. I've been using Parallels Desktop 10 on my Mac for years. Today, when I attempt to run it I'm getting a notice asking me to activate and when I enter the license #, I get a message saying number of activations exceeded. What is the resolution?

2. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have reset the activation key. Please follow the instructions below:
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop, then try to activate after launching it again.
    2. If you are still unable to activate, Open Terminal on the Mac and execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online

3. JeffA3

JeffA3 Bit poster

Ajith,

Hello. Thank you for your prompt reply to my inquiry. Step 1 did not work. Step 2 did work. Thank you again for your prompt assistance! Take care and have a good day.

4. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

You are welcome. Feel free to reach out to us anytime for support.

5. AntonP4

AntonP4 Bit poster

Hi, I've just transferred from a 2016 MBP to a 2019 MBP and received the same license limit, can I please get it reset?

6. Hi, dome, please check the activation issue.

7. Jeffrey3

Jeffrey3 Bit poster

I need help moving my license to a new mac.

8. Hi, I cannot find your license in Parallels account. Could you please send me your key in private message? I'll check it for you

9. Thanks a lot for your reply.
    Key has been reset, please check.

10. AlexanderB12

AlexanderB12 Bit poster

Hello.
    Trying to migrate from one computer to another, when activating a license, I'm getting an error: "Your product license has reached the activation limit.".
    How can I activate my license on the other computer?

11. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Unable to locate an activation key with the account you are logged in. Reply to our private message with the activation key to check.

12. BethD

BethD Bit poster

Hi,
    I need to deactivate the previous registration of my product key and start over. Can you please help?
    We have a user who needs to use parallels but can't because of this error message -
    "Your Product Activation Key Reached Its Activation Limit..."
    The previous users have already left the company.
    Thanks

13. Hi, please provide us with the license key and email address which has been used for the license registration.
    Please send the requested info via private message.

14. StanL

StanL Bit poster

Hi, switched Macs and also having the same issue where I need to have my license reset.

thanks,
    Stan

15. Hi please perform steps from this KB article and let us know the results.

16. StanL

StanL Bit poster

No luck, old Mac was wiped and OS reinstalled.

17. Then please provide us with your key via the private message.

18. FlorianV

FlorianV Bit poster

Hi,

Hardware problems with my Mac, temporarily using another one, and also getting the "Your product license has reached the activation limit" message.

How do I solve this?

I tried this link: https://kb.parallels.com/123461. but I don't see the sign out option and also don't get a "activate on this mac".

Thanks.

19. Hi, I didn't find the license key in your Parallels account. Could you please send it to us via the private message?

20. ToddW3

ToddW3 Bit poster

I am also having an issue moving Parallels. I installed v11 yesterday on my laptop but today needed to move it to a different laptop today (sigh I know). I removed it from my old laptop but it's giving me the "Your product license has reached the activation limit" message upon activation as well.