Shares on iCloud Drive mapping differently

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by PragmaticPraxis, May 7, 2019.

1. PragmaticPraxis

PragmaticPraxis Bit poster

I have a mid 2014 MBP and a 2017 iMac Pro, both running MacOS 10.14.4 and Parallels Desktop Pro 14.1.3. Both are using iCloud Drive, with a Px folder syncing across both machines. When I Share Custom Folders on the MBP I can drill down to a sub folder of Px with no problems. But on the IMP I can drill down and select the sub folder, but what actually get's referenced is the root iCloud folder. Given that I am pathing scripts in the Windows guest OS based on these shares, this causes a problem. I need both to share with the same paths.
    Any ideas what the issue is? maybe/hopefully a setting in Parallels I am missing. Or maybe a setting in MacOS. Hopefully NOT an issue with parallels not handling the SSD set in the IMP the same way as the single SSD in the MBP.

2. PragmaticPraxis

PragmaticPraxis Bit poster

I should add, it looks like a Parallels issue, as I tried making a SymLink in my home folder to that Px folder, and then referencing that SymLink as a share. Parallels jacked it up and referenced the home folder, not the SymLink, and then doesn't follow the symlink properly anyway.