Security is Missing In Action

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by JeffreyM4, Nov 21, 2018.

1. JeffreyM4

JeffreyM4 Bit poster

I'm trying to open Parallels 14.01 on a Mac running High Sierra. I'm receiving the Parallels International GmbH security message. When I go to System Preferences/Security & Privacy there is no place to select allow Parallels International GmbH from. My only options are App Store or App Store and identified developers. I added Parallels to Privacy/Accessibility and there still is no option to allow Parallels to run. How can I fix this?

2. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello JeffreyM4, Kindly follow the instructions from this link and check if it helps.

3. JeffreyM4

JeffreyM4 Bit poster

AJ,
    I've already followed all the items listed in that link. The problem is that I'm not even seeing a allow button after I get the message from Parallels.

4. KebhaK@Parallels

KebhaK@Parallels Hunter

Hi @JeffreyM4 , follow the below steps to troubleshoot the issue :

1) Reboot in recovery mode using Command+R combination (for more information refer to this link).
    2) In the terminal windows type : spctl kext-consent add 4C6364ACXT
    3) Enable it by typing: spctl kext-consent enable
    4) Verify it by typing: spctl kext-consent list
    5) Type this command next: chflags -R restricted /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/Library/StagedExtensions/
    6) Run First Aid under Disk Utility.
    7) Reboot the Mac.

RFerrettiJr likes this.
  5. JeffreyM4

JeffreyM4 Bit poster

Kebhak,

Thanks for responding but I will get the opportunity to try this right away. The local field tech re-imaged the Mac and re-installed Parallels and did not experience the problem after that. What is the problem that is causing this situation and how does your solution fix it?

6. KebhaK@Parallels

KebhaK@Parallels Hunter

Hi @JeffreyM4 , You were unable to allow the application because Parallels kernel extensions were not loaded on your Mac.The macOS High Sierra 10.13 and later introduced a new feature that requires user approval before loading newly-installed third-party kernel extensions. Third-party kernel extensions (KEXTs) that were already present when upgrading to macOS High Sierra are granted automatic approval.

7. JeffreyM4

JeffreyM4 Bit poster

Kebhak,
    Thanks, that was the solution. Thanks Apple for making everything take more time and become more of a hassle!

8. KebhaK@Parallels

KebhaK@Parallels Hunter

Hi @JeffreyM4 , you are welcome please post if you have further queries.

9. RFerrettiJr

RFerrettiJr Bit poster

Although this worked, a standard (non-admin) user would likely not be able to or comfortable following these steps. Is there a hotfix that can be pushed/will be pushed out soon? I just downloaded the latest Ver 14 today (20-MAR-2019) so I know its not coded in there yet.

10. arakana

arakana Bit poster

The problem is that I'm not even seeing a allow button after I get the message from Parallels.

Redtube Beeg Spankbang

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
  11. NhenhosF

NhenhosF Bit poster

It worked, you did great.

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2019
  12. Hi, could you provide us with the screenshot of the error message, please?

13. BabyS

BabyS Bit poster

Thanks For Sharing This Information

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2019
  14. AngelaG1

AngelaG1 Bit poster

HI, there are a lot of kernel issues with Mac Sierra where the it seems to be cont compatible with some of the Parallels core files and you are Parallels International GmbH security message.
    • Force quit Parallel
    • Relaunch Parallel while holding down the Shift key
    • Turn Wi-Fi off. Simply click the wireless icon in the upper left corner then choose Turn Wi-Fi Off
    • Now connect to the Internet by turning Wi-Fi on.
    hope this helps get your problem resolved. cheers.