dhcp leases for clones incorrectly recorded in /Library/Preferences/Parallels/parallels_dhcp_leases?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by JackJ4, May 6, 2019.

1. JackJ4

JackJ4 Bit poster

I'm using Parallels (amongst many other things) for running gitlab-runners to automatically build software for Windows and OSX when I update my projects.

Until recently this worked fine, but as of a few days it doesn't work anymore, possibly since updating Parallels to 14.1.3?

I have created a Windows 10 image, which gitlab-runner clones (linked) into a template, which is then linked-cloned into a normal machine by gitlab-runner for every new job.

This new machine gets a new MAC address, obviously, and gitlab-runner looks up the MAC address in /Library/Preferences/Parallels/parallels_dhcp_leases. This fails, and indeed inspection of the file shows that the MAC address of the original image is recorded in parallels_dhcp_leases, not the MAC address of the clone. The DHCP lease is given correctly to the Windows machine (and I can do "ipconfig /renew" to get the same IP address again), its just that the address isn't recorded correctly.

A related issue (I think) is that if I make 2 linked clones of the template these two clones share their IP address. This is definitely not healthy...

I presume this is a bug in the latest release of Parallels? Does anyone know of a workaround?

SamS11 likes this.
  2. SamS11

SamS11 Bit poster

I'm having the same issue. It seems that this issue is only present when the VM being cloned has multiple network interfaces. If I delete my second network interface, it works fine (but this is not an ideal solution, as I need two interfaces for my purposes). Any luck solving this so far?

MikhailM3 and Maria@Parallels like this.