Preconfigured Solaris 11

Discussion in 'Other Virtual machines' started by DanielB15, Sep 27, 2017.

1. DanielB15

DanielB15 Bit poster

In order to work on Solaris 11 I got a preconfigured .rar from my teacher. I decompressed the Solaris 11.rar in order to create an .iso on my MAC(created from Disk utility programm MacOS). When I opened the created Solaris.iso with Parallels, it didn't work, I got several error messages. I tried to change the Boot order but it didn't work. Now I have tried VMWare Fusion 10, there I can create a folder where I can put all the files from the decompressed Solaris 11.rar, VMware recognized all the files and I could launch the image but I want to launch it on Parallels otherwise I need to buy a new license for VMWare.

Attached Files:

2. rkulikov

rkulikov Parallels Developers

Solaris 11 is supported and works fine as a guest operating system in Parallels Desktop. Seems you're doing something wrong when preparing ISO image with the OS. Probably you don't make it bootable.

3. DanielB15

DanielB15 Bit poster

When I decompressed the Solaris.rar I found some vmware.log files maybe I need to delete them, can these log files cause this boot problem ?

4. rkulikov

Better if you post the listing of contents of your archive.

5. DanielB15

DanielB15 Bit poster

Here the content of the archive:

Attached Files:

6. rkulikov

This is a VMware virtual machine. Right-click on the file with .vmx extension and in context menu select Open With Parallels Desktop.

7. DanielB15

DanielB15 Bit poster

Thank you for your reply, I believe we are almost there. When I chose the .iso "C/Users/MerceD/Downloads.../sol-11_2-text-x86(2).iso" (2nd picture) I get an error message (First picture) -> "Unable to connect CD/DVD 0".

Attached Files:

8. rkulikov

"Unable to connect CD/DVD 0" means that at the moment of virtual machine boot up ISO image specified in configuration is not accessible. Fix path to ISO image in VM config and restart the guest.

9. RAILITYL

RAILITYL Member

When I decompressed the Solaris.rar I found some vmware.log files maybe I need to delete them, can these log files cause this boot problem ?

Last edited: May 7, 2019
  10. rkulikov

I don't think vmware.log files may cause any problem.

11. GrayMatter

GrayMatter Member