where can I find windows 7 product key

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by davidm21, Jan 20, 2017.

1. davidm21

davidm21 Bit poster

Hi I purchased Parallels Desktop 10 at the end of 2014. I have the following message at bottom right of the Windows 7 desktop : "This copy of windows is not genuine". I've purchased Microsoft Office 2016 and would like to install it, but I'm worried there may be a problem if I don't activate my copy of Windows, so I'd like to know where I can find the Windows 7 Product Key that comes with Parallels.

Thanks for your help
    David

2. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hi davidm21,
    Parallels Desktop purchases will not include Windows activation key. You have to buy Windows separately.

3. davidm21

davidm21 Bit poster

When I bought Parallels so I could run Windows on my Mac I understood that I would receive a genuine copy of Windows. I guess it was written somewhere in the small print, but I really feel it's a rip off - anyway nothing I can do about it now - except to request that you make it clear to future customers that they're not receiving a genuine copy of Windows.
    So where do I need to go to buy the activation key, and how much do I need to pay

Thanks
    David

4. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi David, please check your private message and reply.

5. CraigM10

CraigM10 Bit poster

I also have this problem now. I have been running Parallels Desktop 11 - Windows 7 on my Mac, and now I am receiving the "your copy of windows is not genuine' message. I am trying to find out which company has worse customer service - Microsoft or Parallels. HELP PLEASE!!

6. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @CraigM10, you may try following the steps mentioned below to fix the issue if you have already activated with the genuine license key:
    Step.1 Go to Start menu and search for cmd, you will get cmd.exe in search result here do a Right Click on cmd.exe and click on Run as Administrator, and you will get Command Prompt.
    Step 2. Once the command prompt is opened now type the following command, SLMGR -REARM , make sure you type the same command without any mistake, and also ensure that command prompt is opened in administrator mode otherwise it will not work.
    Step 3. Once you typed the above command in command prompt window then hit Enter button on your keyboard to execute the above command.
    Step 4. After you hit enter a confirmation window will appear with the details of command execution as.
    Step 5. Now Restart your computer you will not get that error again

7. tim-bin

tim-bin Bit poster

here you can find your lost keys for free in seconds (KeyGetter.com)

8. triplespeed

triplespeed Bit poster

Download Belarc Advisor and it will show you your product keys

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2019
    Maria@Parallels likes this.
  9. sanjoliA

sanjoliA Bit poster

Buy it online or connect with Microsoft support, they will help you.