Adobe Photoshop CS and CS2 Problems

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by ajgrossman, Oct 5, 2007.

1. ajgrossman

ajgrossman Bit poster

I have a 2ghz Macbook Pro with 2GIG RAM running OSX 10.4.10. I am unable to use Parallels 3.0 build 5160 for either Adobe Photoshop CS or CS2.

Both Adobe PSCS and CS2 were installed while booted into BootCamp, not from a Parallels session.

When I try to run PSCS, I get a DLL error and it asks me to reinstall the application and closes. However, when I run it under BootCamp, it runs just fine.

When I try to run PSCS2, it loads up ok (I do get the constant notice to reactivate!), but when I load an image, PS just stops responding. I cannot move any of the windows or make any menu selections. If I use the MAC Activity Monitor, I do not see any excessive CPU usage or any excessive memory usage. However, if I run it under BootCamp, it runs just fine.

One of the main reasons I purchased Parallels Desktop for Mac was to run PS without having to reboot into BootCamp.

Any suggestions, ideas, or fixes?

Thanks for the help.

2. Stacey M

Stacey M Parallels Team

Hello,

could you please answer some questions.
    What amount of RAM is allocated to your VM?
    You said that you receive a DLL-error. Could you please tell me what exactly is written in error message.
    Did you try to reactivate your CS2?

Best regards,
    Stacey

3. ajgrossman

ajgrossman Bit poster

Hi Stacey,

Here is the information you requested:

RAM allocated to VM = 768MB

DLL error...I have attached a screen shot of the DLL error. Unfortunately, it is really non-descript. It simply says "A required application library failed to load and the product cannot continue. Please reinstall the application."

Yes, I have reactivate both CS2 and CS multiple times.

A.J.

Attached Files:

4. Stacey M

Stacey M Parallels Team

Hello,

did you try re-install Photoshop when you are in Parallels. May be it will help?

Best regards,
    Stacey

5. Edder_U2RSE

Edder_U2RSE Junior Member

Your DLL is lost.

Have You tried re-installing the Software ?

6. gegervision

gegervision Hunter

Increase the RAM to your VM. Photoshop is memory HOG and use 768MB all by itself. I ran into the same issues and increased my VM RAM to 1.5GB and the problems went away.

Also from a side note, Adobe will not support Photoshop running within a VM since they have not tested it. I tried and they denied helping me. Just something to know. If you call them do not tell them you are using within a VM or on a Mac.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2007
  7. ajgrossman

ajgrossman Bit poster

Ok,

I tried to reinstall Adobe Photoshop CS via Parallels, after I uninstalled the application. I then tried to run PSCS, and it failed with the exact same error message as before. Therefore, it makes no difference whether I install it under Bootcamp or Parallels, the application still fails to run as previously noted.

I have not tried to reinstall PSCS2 yet. I will try that next.

A.J.

8. ajgrossman

ajgrossman Bit poster

I reinstalled Adobe Photoshop CS2 via Parallels, and it failed in the exact same way as before. I am still unable to run either Photoshop CS or CS2 using Parallels.

A.J.

9. gegervision

gegervision Hunter

Did you increase VM RAM as I said?

10. Stacey M

Stacey M Parallels Team

Hello,

is it written in the Error message what .dll file is missing?

Best regards,
    Stacey

11. ReneS

ReneS Member

Photoshop CS2

Hi,

Just to let you know, I run Photoshop CS2 without problems. I have MBP with 3GB and 768MB assigned to VM.

Does your particular PSCS2 install on a regular windows machine without problems?

Rene

12. Veinsent

Veinsent Bit poster

Hi, ajgrossman

May you try to use Photoshop CS for Macintosh ?
    Photoshop - its not a program for VM(or VP) becouse he eat a lot of memory, and 768MB its very very small (only 50% max be eat by Photoshop and then Error)

13. Henry James

Henry James Bit poster

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

14. Henry James

Henry James Bit poster

I am also trying to install Photoshop CS3 on my VM. I am using an iMac 24" with 4Gb of RAM and when I try to run PS after installation it says Licensing for this product has stopped working and I cannot use this product at this time. I must repair the problem by uninstalling and reinstalling this product or contacting....blah, blah blah. I am the IT admin of my own network.
    Please let me know how to get round this problem. I have not even got to the stage of entering the license key yet.
    What do I do?