PD14 - Client Snapshot does not finish

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by diwa, Nov 12, 2018.

1. I've provided Parallels Engineering team with this tech. info. Once we get any updates we will let you know.

2. arakana

arakana Bit poster

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
  3. @arakana, could you please generate fresh report after the issue reoccurs and reply us back with report's id

4. diwa

diwa Member

I first reported this problem almost 5 month ago...
    No solution yet!
    I am allways runing in to data loss, if an unexpected snapshot starts...

5. Parallels Engineering team are currently working on the resolution.
    The newest report will be helpful for us.
    Thanks for understanding.

6. diwa

diwa Member

Your last information is now ONE month old - and the problem still exists...

7. Are you starting your VM from the external device? Which external media are you using?

8. diwa

diwa Member

This happens with a 4TB WD Red at a OWC ThunderBay 4 case - connected by Thunderbold to my 2018 i7 iMac.
    It doesn't matter, if this HDD is the only one connected.
    But the SAME error occoured during last year. Then I had my VMs on the internal FusionDrive of my 2013 i7 iMac...

The other VMs seem to be running faster on the TB drive with the new computer than on the FusionDrive of the old one.

Ciao

dirk

9. Thanks for your reply. Our Engineering team informed us, that according to the tech report one of the probable reason is the external device slow performance. (There is lots of messages about "VmLocalCmdUnfreeze").

10. diwa

diwa Member

So, why this happens only with one of the VMs at that disk?

11. So, could you please share the size of other VMs which don't have the issue with snapshot. And also generate report from non-issue VM ns share report id with us.

12. IanB20

IanB20 Bit poster

its 2023 and this is still happening... appalling.