Can't activate on new Mac

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Don Awalt, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Don Awalt

Don Awalt Hunter

I have signed out of my old Mac with Parallels 14 for Mac, but on my new Mac it shows the license as "Available", yet when I try to activate it, it says "The license has reached its activation limit". This happened several years ago too when I went to a new laptop, this is very frustrating and I am panicked as I have work to do. Can someone reset this so I can activate the license? I sent an email to support but have not heard back. And please make this work better for the future, thanks!

2. Hi @DonA2 please check this KB article for more info to transfer license.
    And also please provide us with your license key in private message. (I cannot find it in your account)

3. Don Awalt

Don Awalt Hunter

Support took care of it, thanks. But I did not get an answer to my question, why does this happen, am I doing something wrong? I have even done some of the commands to check things through Terminal, and it appears the license does get unactivated from the old computer but just can't be used. How can I avoid this in the future?