Since macOS Mojave 10.14.4 ... Windows 10 Slooowww

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by CraigJ4, Apr 9, 2019.

1. CraigJ4

CraigJ4 Bit poster

Memo to Parallels 14 team:

Ever since downloading Mojave 10.14.4 the Mac side of my iMac is smooth as silk. The Parallels side is now slow to start up, and Windows 10 is absolutely lethargic.

Please fix or post advice.

2. oztrev

oztrev Member

Yes indeed - I have noticed a similar thing having moved from a 2012 Mac mini, 2.3GHz i7 (4 cores + hyperthreading) , 16GB, SSD running High Sierra to the 2018 Mac mini (specs see below) with Mojave. Screen redraws are much slower, opening Firefox takes much longer, opening Delphi 10.2.1 takes much longer. Unfortunately it's not possible to install High Sierra on the 2018 Mac mini.

Looking at the KB article referenced above:
    • Underpowered hardware - No: 2018 Mac mini, 3.2GHz-4.6GHz Core i7 (6 cores + hyperthreading), 16GB, SSD
    • Using an outdated Parallels Desktop version or build. - No: current version (just reinstalled)
    • Too many resources assigned to the virtual machine - No: 2 CPUs, 6GB
    • Multiple anti-virus programs installed - No: only MS Defender in Win10 VM
    • Too many virtual machines are running - No: Only the Win10 VM.

3. This is happening to myself and my. We all have the same standard image for our VM yet the ones that upgraded to 10.14.4 are experiencing slowness and the ones who haven't don't - is there an update on this?

4. oztrev

oztrev Member

Running Mojave 10.14.5 (but same experience with 10.14.4) and Parallels 14.1.3 - Windows 10 VM (Build 18362) was painfully slow starting programs, especially Firefox, as noted above.

Today, I switched to using the Apple Hypervisor instead of the Parallels Hypervisor. Wow - everything in the Windows 10 VM is now much snappier.