two finger swipe on webpages

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac Feature Suggestions' started by ChrisH19, Jun 7, 2019.

1. ChrisH19

ChrisH19 Junior Member

Hello, I am new to Parallels and am in the trial period. all is working well, almost all. Is there a way to enable two finger swipe for webpages back/forward within Parallels? I only found outdated articles stating to enable Apple Remote in configuration, but that is not available on Parallels 14. I want to be able to avoid manually clicking the forward/back browser arrows.

side note- different topic, Outlook scrolls with quite a lag, but other applications are fine. any thoughts or specific outlook/office settings I need?

2. alev

alev Parallels Team

Hi Chris,

I understand your request, but there is no way to enable such functionality at the moment. We pass the 2 finger gesture as a scroll to Windows and guest browsers don't process it as a gesture.
    If you don't need Windows browser for some specific reason, then I recommend to setup opening web-links in Mac (set "Open In Mac" as a default browser in Windows). That way you can use the gesture you like in your Mac browser. I setup this way and use Safari and it gives me other benefits - e.g. iCloud share passwords and tabs with my phone, I can keep browser tabs opened even if I don't currently need Outlook or other Windows app.

As for the Outlook. - I use Outlook in Windows in Parallels Desktop daily and while I see that scrolling through emails is done per email (while e.g. in Apple Mail I can scroll per point), I got used to it. Alas I didn't find any settings in Outlook to manage it - appreciate if you can figure this out. At least scrolling in the Reading pane is smooth.

3. ChrisH19

ChrisH19 Junior Member

Good morning Alev,

Thank you for the prompt reply! I wish I could call support during the trial period but it seems I need a registered key.

1- Anyway, good idea for set to Mac. How do I set that up?

2-Re Outlook- If I figure a solution out I will reply here.

3- Actually one more thing, In Parallels Windows 10 in Outlook, by default my Mac keyboard "delete" key when pressed prompts a One Click Archive popup in Windows. I don't want to archive, I want to delete my email. But the good thing is a work program I use, when I press delete I am able to see backspace when typing; ie on a login.

I figured out in Parallels how to amend the button actions in configuration. If I switch buttons to be able to delete an email the consequence is not being able to backspace elsewhere.

Is there a way I can have both? Or would I need to either choose 1 scenario, use a PC or Mac/pc keyboard with both "delete" and "backspace" , or use a different mail app like Apple Mail or default Windows 10 mail ?

Thanks much

4. ChrisH19

ChrisH19 Junior Member

To clarify- I am wanting to open links from an email in Windows Outlook and have it open into Safari

5. ChrisH19

ChrisH19 Junior Member

Interesting- now all of a sudden I can do both Delete and email and backspace typos else

6. alev

alev Parallels Team

This should be a proper instruction to do it:
    https://kb.parallels.com/en/124554

7. ChrisH19

ChrisH19 Junior Member

Ok thanks for the link

Can you please explain why my delete /backspace issue randomly began working?

Also, why do Files on my Windows 10 desktop also appear on Mac Desktop. I don't want that to happen.

8. alev

alev Parallels Team

No idea here. I use "Fn+delete" to remove the next symbol after the cursor and "delete" to remove the previous.

The feature is called Shared Profile, and it set Windows user folders to show and use Mac folders.
    It provides an impressive amount of benefits, the main one is avoiding file duplication and excessive copy/drag.
    With this feature you can save a file in Windows and then use it in Mac. You can download file in Safari and then find it in Windows Downloads folders.

You can disable the feature in the virtual machine configuration, but I don't recommend it in most cases as it decreases the productivity.

9. ChrisH19

ChrisH19 Junior Member

Thanks,

I don't want to click FN + Delete. That is a hassle.

Also, I disabled that feature. Thanks.