Two Factor Authentication

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by JeremyK4, Feb 1, 2017.

1. JeremyK4

JeremyK4 Bit poster

Any plans to support any Authentication apps like Google Authenticator, LassPass Authenticator, etc.?

2. BasA1

BasA1 Bit poster

We also would like to know this! Are there any plans to support more OTP types?

3. MattC7

MattC7 Bit poster

I recently got a notification that my account was logged into and accessed by an IP address from China.
    Very frustrated to see that 2FA isn't an option to allow me to further secure my account - please add this functionality ASAP!

4. BasA1

BasA1 Bit poster

We got an answer, time will tell ;)

Hello Bas,
    Thank you for contacting Parallels Technical Support.
    At this moment we have a feature request regarding Google Authenticator, but there no ETA for this to be implemented.
    There is no information about LassPass Authenticator.
    Thank you in advance.
    Best regards,
    --
    Ilya Barkan
    Customer Support Engineer
    ||Parallels

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  5. Thanks a lot for share this!

6. BasA1

BasA1 Bit poster

What is the status regarding the feature request for Google Authenticator as 2 factor option?

7. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

There is no update on this yet. We'll keep you posted. Appreciate your patience.

8. HenryO1

HenryO1 Bit poster

We also would like to know this! Are there any plans to support more OTP types? Thanks.

9. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi HenryO1. What is described here is the closest to what you're asking for that we have right now (the article talks about disabling the 2-factor authentication, but refer to the steps therein to find out how to enable the same).

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
  10. RAILITYL

RAILITYL Member

We also would like to know this! Are there any plans to support more OTP types?

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  11. DavidS66

DavidS66 Bit poster

Thanks for sharing the article! I'm new to Parallels and I've been banging my head about the 2-factor authentification.