Parallels Mac Management for Microsoft SCCM

Discussion in 'Parallels Mac Management for Microsoft SCCM' started by UmeshP, May 27, 2019.

1. UmeshP

UmeshP Bit poster

I have concerns about integrating this Parallels Mac Management into SCCM due to the frequent updates to SCCM branch version ? any complications that may arise from this as we upgrade SCCM a 3-4 times a year ?

2. Ryan Morren

Ryan Morren Junior Member

I have had Parallels for over a year now and we upgrade SCCM as soon as a new update is released into current branch. I've never had any problems with it - i would say keep Parallels updated just as frequently though.

3. PVCIT

PVCIT Junior Member

Ditto. We keep sccm updated and it has been fine. The last thing that broke with an sccm upgrade was the gui button for enabling auto installs. If you had it set before you were fine. Then PMM comes out with new version eventually that fixes it. Other than that I have never seen functionality break only improve. The only thing I ever see that needs new sccm/pmm versions is operating system requirments. This feature is built into sccm so you have to wait for it to support a new os say when 10.15 comes out. Then you have to usually wait/ open a ticket to let pmm know to support that as well. It became such a mess I usually just do not use it for apps but for scripts it requires it. With scripts with mojave (until I updated sccm with 10.14 support) if My script had os requirement checkbox for all operating systems and was minimized it was fine but if the list was expanded it would not work on mojave.