Catalina file permissions

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by MatthewH9, Jun 26, 2019.

1. MatthewH9

MatthewH9 Bit poster

Hi just enabled Catalina as a beta. However I now can't transfer files from my Mac to the Windows desktop. It just says that permissions are denied does anyone have any ideas please.

2. Hi, please try to reinstall Parallels Tools and check, if it doesn't help, please reproduce the issue, then right after that create the problem report and reply us back with the report ID.

3. JaimeD1

JaimeD1 Bit poster

I encountered the same problem. First, I realized that I was using iCloud Drive for Desktop and Documents. This is somehow the root of the problem.

How I solved: Shut down your Windows VM. In Parallels Settings: Options/Sharing/Sharing Mac I set up the following: Share Folders: All disks. Custom Folders: Add Desktop on your Mac. Shared profile: Check "Share Mac user folders...." Configure: UNCHECK ALL BUT DOWNLOADS, especially Desktop and Documents. Check "Share cloud folders with Windows. Check "Map Mac volumes to Windows.

Now Restart your VM. Your Mac Desktop items will not be on your Windows Desktop. However in Windows File Explorer your Desktop and Documents in iCloud will be shared drives under "This PC". I put a shortcut to my Desktop and Documents on my Windows Desktop. This seems to work for me.

Looking forward to the update to get things back to normal.

Cheers

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  4. @JaimeD1, I'd like to ask you for some help.
    Could you please reproduce the issue, generate the problem report right after that and reply us back with the report ID?
    Looking forward to your reply.
    BTW, thanks a lot for sharing the workaround with us.