Some apps can't access the internet?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by DavidV10, Jun 3, 2019.

1. DavidV10

DavidV10 Bit poster

I've got a weird problem where one app is not able to access the internet, whereas the rest of the guest OS and it's apps can access the internet with no issue.
    If I run this same app on any bare metal machine (or even if I run the MAC OS version of the app on the host) it accesses the internet with no issue.

The app in question is UC-ONE communicator version 22.7 (a unified communications (IM, Presence, VoIp) application)
    My VM's OS is Windows 10
    I'm using the "shared network" option, and my VM is pulling a 10.211.55.X IP
    As I said connectivity to the gateway 10.211.55.1 and the internet is fully accessible to the OS and other apps.

Has anyone else experienced this issue before?

2. Hi David, did you try to test the same behavior with the 'bridged mode'?

3. DavidV10

DavidV10 Bit poster

Just tried it. The VM has an IP on the same network as the host. It has full access to the internet. Still the app complains of no interent.

Clearly it's the app, but have you seen other apps do this? What are they trying to do that they can't do in the VM?

4. David, actually I didn't meet this issue with any app before.
    Could you please provide us with your app version and maybe the screenshot of "no internet" message which you got from your app?

5. DavidV10

DavidV10 Bit poster

Sure the app is called: Communicator Version 22.7.0

I attached a screenshot

Attached Files:

6. Jonas6

Jonas6 Bit poster

Hello,

I have the same problem.
    But with 22.3 of the communicator everything works fine.

7. @Jonas6, just for check, did you disable firewall and check the issue?

8. Jonas6

Jonas6 Bit poster

of course
    22.3 communicator works fine
    22.6 has no network
    on the same machine, I also testet on different machines

9. @Jonas6, could you please generate 2 reports: the first one with 22.6 version (after the issue reoccurs) and the second one with the 22.3 version after starting the app.
    Looking forward to your reply.

10. Jonas6

Jonas6 Bit poster

Hello,

how do I do this?

Or do you mean the files from the applications own log?

11. Please just start the app on the VM side and generate the tech report once the "network unavailable" issue appears.
    Please use this KB article for the report generation.

12. natel2

natel2 Bit poster

Your router does not care about what programs you are using. It can care about what ports are being used but that does not sound like the problem here.

Either an infection has modified your main system settings (like dns, proxy etc) so any app that uses windows default wont work but apps that use their own settings does work
    Or your firewall is preventing access.

13. Craig6

Craig6 Bit poster

Hi David
    I am having the exact same issue. Did you ever find a resolution with the uc-one software.
    was working fine.....ungraded to new version and now Network Unavailable
    Thanks Craig

14. Hi, did you get this issue with a specific app or your VM doesn't connect to the network at all?

15. Craig6

Craig6 Bit poster

Specific App UC-One or in Australia Telstra Business Connect. I think it is an app issue not a VM one

16. Thanks a lot for your reply.
    Did you get any specific error message maybe?