Moving Parallels Desktop v10 license to new mac

Discussion in 'Licensing and Activation' started by JorgM3, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Hi, could you provide us with your license key please?
    Send it via the private message.

2. ZIMZ

ZIMZ Member

I tried to move my Parallels Desktop v10 license to my new mac.
    Restarting PD did not make PD accepting the old license.

3. Hi, please provide us with your Parallels Desktop 10 license via the private message.

4. FrederickT

FrederickT Bit poster

I have Parallels 10 and my Mac crashed and i have moved my drive to a second Mac while I mail out other for repair and need to move license to second Mac but when I try to activate I get the same message everyone is complaining about that I have reached my limit on activation. Would be nice if you could give us the ability to remove license from machines under our account. I need my license cleared from old motherboard serial number so I can activate on this machine until I receive other back from repair Please.

5. @FrederickT, I've change your Parallels Desktop 10 key settings, please check the activation issue.

6. FrederickT

FrederickT Bit poster

I have tried and I am getting same message and have attached.

Attached Files:

7. Then please execute the following command in the Terminal and check the issue:
    prlsrvctl activate-license-online

8. SethM1

SethM1 Bit poster

I am having a similar problem with v12. As the knowledgeable article directed, I signed out of my Parallels account from inside the Parallels program on my old Mac, and dragged the Parallels program to the trash. Now I cannot activate Parallels on my new Mac. Can you fix my product key?

9. SethM1

SethM1 Bit poster

What the hell Parallels? You don't let me activate my software that I purchased. You don't answer the phone. You don't fix the problem. Do you think I'm going to keep recommending your software to my clients?

10. Hi, sorry for the delay in response.
    We'e changed your key internal settings, please check the activation issue.

11. SethM1

SethM1 Bit poster

Thank you for the reply but the issue continues.

12. changed once again, please check.

13. LawrenceL4

LawrenceL4 Bit poster

I would like to transfer my parallels desktop to another machine but fail to deactive the current license, it said "Failed to deactivate the license: Unable to deactivate the product. Your type of license cannot be deactivated." when I use the following command "prlsrvctl deactivate-license". Could you help me to resolve this issue?

14. Hi, could you the your key with us via the private message please?

15. LawrenceL4

LawrenceL4 Bit poster

Yes, I could send you my key via private message but can you tell me how to? I can't find a private message button on this forum page

16. Please check your inbox and reply.

17. AlbertA3

AlbertA3 Bit poster

Same problem here, using Parallels 10 and I cannot move it to a new Mac. I'll appreciate if you can provide a solution. Thanks!!

18. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have reset the activation key. Please follow the instructions below:
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop, then try to activate after launching it again.
    2. If you are still unable to activate, Open Terminal on the Mac and execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online

Note: Parallels Desktop 10 is not compatible with Sierra or newer macOS X versions.

19. AlbertA3

AlbertA3 Bit poster

Thanks Ajith. It worked when I executed the command in terminal.
    Cheers!

20. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We are glad that the issue is resolved. Feel free to reach out to us anytime for support.