Allow Users to Set macOS VMs NOT to Pause

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac Feature Suggestions' started by TomN3, Apr 4, 2019.

1. TomN3

TomN3 Bit poster

In Parallels v14 for Mac there seems to be no way to shut off automatically pausing a VM running a Mac OS. If the window is left on its own it will automatically pause. Having the ability to shut OFF the auto-pause would be excellent. It is not always necessary to save resources, but more important to keep the VM running.

BillS7 likes this.
  2. BillS7

BillS7 Bit poster

Greetings,
    I have a piece of macOS software that is 32-bit only and will never be updated (Aurora Blu-Ray Copy) and it works great in Parallels UNTIL the VM in the background decides to pause at which point the Blu-ray Disc (connected via USB 3.0) drops from the VM and the whole process hangs.

Can you please give us a preference toggle like Windows VMs have so that we can keep macOS VMs running in the background without that annoying auto pause? I don't care if it's on by default, just please give us an OFF switch. Running older Mac software is one of the main reasons I buy a Parallels license each year.

Thanks,
    Bill

3. alev

alev Parallels Team

Hi Bill,

Please try to change power settings in macOS VM: set Energy Saver option to Never go to sleep.

Thanks,
    Alex

4. BillS7

BillS7 Bit poster

That did it, Alex! I could've sworn I changed that setting already but I hadn't. After that, I was able to just let the VM run in the background for awhile as it made a backup ISO of a Blu-ray Disc with Aurora Blu-Ray Copy in a Mojave VM in Parallels. Thank you! I'll be buying the next version when it's out!

Thanks,
    Bill