Can I run an older version of the Mac OS under Parallels?

Discussion in 'Other Virtual machines' started by Mark F, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Mark F

Mark F Member

I'm currently running High Sierra, about to switch to Mojave. Certain software I own will not run under whatever eventually succeeds Mojave so I am wondering if it is possible to run either High SIerra or Mojave under Parallels. Probably not but I thought I would ask.

Thanks,

2. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello Mark F, May I know the version of Parallels Desktop you have now?.

3. Mark F

Mark F Member

Hi,

I'm running Parallels Desktop 13 for the Mac. When I upgrade to Mojave I'll also upgrade Parallels.

Thanks

Mark F

4. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Parallels Desktop 13 is partially compatible with Mojave and it is completely compatible with High Sierra, so if you are upgrading to Mojave then please upgrade the Parallels Desktop to latest version Parallels Desktop 14 to get complete compatibility and support.

5. Mark F

Mark F Member

Sorry, I did not ake my question lear. My fault. I want to know if I can run the Mac OS as a separate window under Parallels, similar to running W10 as a separate window.

6. kat

kat Product Expert

Yes it is possible to make .pvm of High Sierra, you will need a bootable installer (I do that on a thumb drive) of the os in question instructions from apple:https://support.apple.com/en-nz/HT201372 next go to Parallels desktop (near apple top left)>file>new> select the middle option Install Windows or another os from a DVD or image file > select the thumb drive follow the prompts for installation.

7. Mark F

Mark F Member

Thank you I'm very glad to hear that what I want to do is possible. I will check out the referenced link.

8. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Please feel free to reach us any time for any queries regarding Parallels.

9. ZIMZ

ZIMZ Member

I own will not run under whatever eventually succeeds Mojave so I am wondering if it is possible to run either High SIerra or Mojave under Parallels.

10. ZIMZ

ZIMZ Member

Parallels Desktop 13 is partially compatible with Mojave and it is completely compatible with High Sierra, so if you are upgrading to Mojave then please upgrade the Parallels Desktop to latest version Parallels Desktop 14 to get complete compatibility and support.

11. ZIMZ

ZIMZ Member

12. Hey, could you provide us with the detailed issue description, please?

13. IsabellaS

IsabellaS Bit poster

Is there an update to this matter?