Can't connect to Internet on windows side using parallels!!!

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by ANON, Feb 12, 2008.

1. RobertF13

RobertF13 Bit poster

More data on my previous post about unable to access internet in VM after moving Parallels .pvm file to external hard drive. When I brought up Parallels for the first time from the external hard drive, it said it duplicate MAC address detected. Following the advice online, I selected "Generate new". I don't know if that was the right thing to do. I notice that the MAC address in Windows 10 does not match the MAC address on my iMac.

2. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

Interesting. I was pretty sure that MAC-address mismatch should not affect anything. Will check tomorrow.

Meantime please make sure that VM is in Shared Networking mode. If this doesn't help, please click Start -> Run and execute cmd.exe. Type in the appeared window command "ipconfig /all". Then, without closing the window, click Parallels Destkop menu "Help"->"Report a Problem", send a problem report (it is not necessary to provide description) and post here the report ID.

CharlesH10 likes this.
  3. RobertF13

RobertF13 Bit poster

I purchased a new ssd external hard drive, in order for Parallels to run faster than it was running on my regular external hard drive. I copied the .pvm file from my previous external hard drive to the new SSD hard drive, and double clicked on it. When it said duplicate MAC address detected, this time I selected to keep using the old one. I still couldn't access the internet, but I clicked on troubleshoot - and it said it fixed it. Now it is working properly, and I can access the internet on both my MAC applications and Windows applications. Problem is gone.

4. MagnusH2

MagnusH2 Bit poster

Technical report 345574147

Can not connect to internet, only google.com works.

5. Hi, could you clarify please? Google.com works, but you cannot connect to the internet?
    Please provide us with more details. Thanks in advance.

6. MagnusH2

MagnusH2 Bit poster

If I type google.com or bing.com I am able to open those pages, I can do a search but not open the links. No other webpages seems to work. I get the message "the page can not be displayed"
    If I try to activate Windows I get a message that I am unable to establish a connection with the activation server, same if I try to update windows.
    I have a fresh copy of Parallels 14 and Win XP, I have tried to reinstall windows but no change. Internet works fine on the Mac side.

7. Hello, did you try to restart your VM?
    Also are you using a shared network or the bridged one?
    What is your macOS version?

8. MagnusH2

MagnusH2 Bit poster

I have restarted Windows, Parallels and the computer with no change.
    I am using Shared network, but have tried Bridged with same result.

Using MacOS 10.13.6
    Parallels 14.1.3
    Windows XP