Disable Break Time

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Mac' started by Parallels User, Jul 31, 2019.

1. With the latest update of Parallels Toolbox, I now get a Break Time popup every 15 minutes asking me to set up Break Time to track my breaks. I do not wish to use this and there is no clear way to disable it. Can someone walk me through turning this feature off?

Thanks.

2. GunnarM1

GunnarM1 Bit poster

I must agree, it's very irritating.

3. Cinemagic

Cinemagic Junior Member

Agreed. This is the single worst thing Parallels has done. Break Time is one thing, but the inability to disable it is unacceptable. While their YouTube Video shows Break Time as an application, It's not an application listed in the uninstall apps section of toolbox. version 3.5.0 (2481)

4. Cinemagic

Cinemagic Junior Member

Ok. Found it. Go to your Windows 10 C: drive. Program Files > Parallels > Parallels Toolbox. Find BreakTIme.exe. add .old to the extension so that it reads: BreqakTime.exe.old This should prevent BreakTIme from running. It still will be in the Parallels Toolbox (Windows version) but if you clock it, nothing happens. No more annoying popup. If you ever want it back, just remove the .old from the file extension.

5. JosephA7

JosephA7 Bit poster

The new feature seems useful, but it just doesn't work. Even when you tell the utility to stop tracking, it reminds you to turn it back every few minutes. Parallels should disable this feature until they get it fixed, and there should be an option to disable the feature and the reminders to turn it back on completely.

6. Alex Patsay

Alex Patsay Parallels Team

Hi all,
    Thank you for your reports! We will investigate this issue ASAP.

7. mbriffa

mbriffa Parallels Developers

Hello,
    Thank you for reporting this. Please help us in understanding your problem further. Could you please specify the steps you took?
    Have you clicked 'Stop Tracking' from the Break Time tool to disable notifications?
    upload_2019-8-6_10-53-56.png
    Steps to do this:
    1. Open Parallels Toolbox window
    2. Click on Break Time
    3. Click on 'Stop Tracking' from either first tab or preferences tab.
    4. Any notification appearing should disappear and any subsequent notifications should not be shown unless you click 'Start Tracking'
    Could you also kindly please send us a report with logs? To do this, click on Settings gear icon on the top right corner of the Parallels Toolbox window. Once Context menu is opened, click on Help > Send Technical Data...

Thank you for your help in advance.

8. RichardB27

RichardB27 Bit poster

I open Toolbox and don't see Break Time. Is it under something else?

9. RichardB27

RichardB27 Bit poster

I open Toolbox and don't see Break Time. Is it under something else?

10. RichardB27

RichardB27 Bit poster

Turn this annoying thing off!

Attached Files:

11. RichardB27

RichardB27 Bit poster

There is no "Stop Tracking" option

12. sergk

sergk Parallels Developers

This option is located in the first tab:
    1.png

13. mbriffa

upload_2019-8-7_8-43-36.png

14. RichardB27

RichardB27 Bit poster

...and if you do not track the notification box pops up every 30 minutes or less.

15. @RichardB27, we've received your reply:
    I need to have the pop up box stop popping up I want to disable everything about this annoyance.

SusanD2 likes this.
  16. mbriffa

@RichardB27 We would appreciate if you could supply us with details of what you did to get this notification as we are unable to replicate such behaviour.
    This will really help us in understanding better what is happening and be able to sort out your problem.

Thank you

17. RichardB27

RichardB27 Bit poster

I did nothing. It all of a sudden a few days back started popping up frequently, interrupting my work. I am not tracking but I cannot make it stop popping up.

SusanD2 likes this.
  18. MaxD3

MaxD3 Bit poster

This may help:
    • I got a pop-up notifying of the feature
    • I chose to turn it on using 5 minute break every 50 minutes
    • After seeing how it worked, I turned it off using "Stop Tracking"
    • I continually get a pop-up of the Break Time app stating that it is NOT tracking with the Start Tracking button on the bottom (coffee tab)

19. mbriffa

Hi all

We have updated Parallels Toolbox for Windows/Mac on 3rd September with version 3.6.0-1916. Could you kindly please check if your issues with Break Time have been resolved in this new update?

Thank you in advance

20. ZIMZ

ZIMZ Member

It's not an application listed in the uninstall apps section of toolbox. version 3.5.0 (2481)