Xbox One Controller Support ?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by MarkM7, Jul 18, 2015.

1. gchriswill

gchriswill Bit poster

@AlexA4 Yes, you can pair the XBOX One Wireless Controller (Bluetooth) but Windows will not recognize it due to is been recognized as an audio device in macOS. The only way that actually could connect to the controller in a Parallels VM is if Parallels had direct support for the Bluetooth card on the host Mac.

IMPORTANT NOTE
    Earlier on August I did a post regarding XBOX One S controller via USB https://forum.parallels.com/threads/new-xbox-one-wireless-controller-support.337692/#post-808006.

Although, I found a work around to support the controller wirelessly. If you buy a USB Bluetooth adapter and designate it to your Windows VM (client) via Parallels settings > Devices or via connecting the USB adapter when the Windows VM is running, it will give you an option to designate the USB device. Choose Windows and your good to go.

This is a technique I've came up with very recently and works flawlessly...

kite55surfer and CedricM2 like this.
  2. Hi guys, Parallels Desktop 15 just released.
    Xbox One Bluetooth controller support has been added in newest version of Parallels Desktop.
    Upgrade, test and share the results with us.

3. gkantz

gkantz Junior Member

I haven't been able to get this to work, Maria. I haven't seen any step-by-step guides, and it will not pair with Windows.

4. Please check this KB article and try to connect your controller to the VM and also please let us know if you run into any difficulties during setup.

5. gkantz

gkantz Junior Member

I've tried this before, and I tried it again. It still does not work.

6. Did you get any error/warning messages during connection?
    Also please reproduce the issue, generate the tech report right after that and reply us back with the report's ID.

7. LawrenceA

LawrenceA Bit poster

What adapter are you using by chance?

8. LawrenceA

LawrenceA Bit poster

I have this same issue where the controller connects but then when xbox app goes into stream mode the controller is not recognized. has a solution for this been resolved?

9. CameronW4

CameronW4 Bit poster

@LawrenceA, I don't think it has. I've just finished troubleshooting this xbox controller issue on my Macbook Air.
    It seems the team have been aware of this for 7 years but not yet included working drivers or a successful workaround. Uninstalling. Thanks anyway!