Scrolling not smooth in Mojave guest in Parallels 15

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by viola, Aug 14, 2019.

1. viola

viola Hunter

I'm finding that in a Mojave guest in Parallels 15 the scrolling is not that smooth. It is chunky and accelerates really quickly. It's hard to read web pages and other documents because of the jerky and fast nature. It just doesn't feel like the normal macOS experience of a Magic Trackpad.

This is on a Mojave host too. Is there a chance this will go away with Catalina? This really worries me because Mojave needs to be as smooth and buttery as possible with the disappearance of 32bit in Catalina! All graphical experiences need to be improved in Mojave guests!!!

2. Dmitry@Parallels

Dmitry@Parallels Parallels Team

Hi @viola, can you please make a screen recording showing the behavior. Please include technical data report ID too (Help menu > Send Technical Data...).

3. ylluminate

ylluminate Member

I'm also seeing this in Parallels 16 on Catalina with a Mojave guest. I'll show examples:
    1. Native in Safari (system under heavy load, so a little jerky): https://p153.p0.n0.cdn.getcloudapp.com/items/OAuqQvp5/2020-08-20_19-19-51.mp4
    2. In Mojave on Parallels 16 - notice how I have to push it really hard to get it to move, otherwise it just moves a few pixels at a time. Very non-native for a Magic TrackPad 2: https://p153.p0.n0.cdn.getcloudapp.com/items/qGuN540e/2020-08-20_19-22-46.mp4
    Report ID: 347631156

darren3 likes this.
  4. ylluminate

ylluminate Member

5. Dmitry@Parallels

Dmitry@Parallels Parallels Team

Hi @ylluminate, yes, I do, thank you for the details! I will file a report to our engineers to investigate this issue. By any chance, do you have other VMs with more recent versions of macOS? If you do, please check scrolling experience in them too. Thank you!