Release Candidate

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by maverick808, May 18, 2006.

1. maverick808

maverick808 Hunter

I see the RC is out. Cool. Trying it now.

2. tomhalv

tomhalv Member

Where?? I don't see it..

3. maverick808

maverick808 Hunter

4. tomhalv

tomhalv Member

Thanks!! I seldom get anywhere except on the Forum pages.... There is no mention of the RC here.

5. maverick808

maverick808 Hunter

Yeah, I'm sure they'll post about it soon.

6. rjgebis

rjgebis Hunter

Is it better to uninstall Beta 6 first or Install it over

7. Neuron

Neuron Member

I've never bothered uninstalling any previous releases and have never had a problem with that. Just make sure you shut down Parallels before installing the new version and you should be fine.

8. Drewmangroup

Drewmangroup Member

Sweet, trying this when I get home. Hopefully my Epson printer wil now fully work in Windows.

9. ms @ parallels

ms @ parallels Parallels Team

Uninstaller now included in main dmg package :)

I recommend you to uninstall it because package name is changed and your OSx will keep two version of parallels.

10. dirk@hohndel.org

dirk@hohndel.org Member

I used the uninstaller to remove the previous beta.

The package installed fine. I had shut down an XP/SP2 session before the upgrade. It was opened as default by the new Parallels. I looked through the options, didn't see anything new and started the VM.

XP blue-screened as I was trying to log in. The automatic reboot blue-screened as well.

;-(

/D

UPDATE: after starting a third time, this time without the fast-boot and execute disable stuff that I always used with Parallels before, it now works, connected to the network (bridged) and seems to be happy.

Last edited: May 18, 2006
  11. agrj

agrj Member

If I uninstall it, I will loose everithing?

12. dirk@hohndel.org

dirk@hohndel.org Member

Nope - it keeps your license key and your VMs and even the last VM that you ran.

/D

13. rjgebis

rjgebis Hunter

Too later. I just dragged Beta 6 to Trash and than I installed new version. I hope this is on. First thing I have noticed that when I started RC it gave me error on start when I was trying to resume XP from Beta 6. It gave me error and did restarted the XP from start. I did installed new Image Tools. I was not able to connect ot internet. I have set Bridged Ethernet: en0: Ethernet Adapter.
    It also look like the right after the login to XP it takes a little longer for XP to finish loading all services in respect to beta 6. I will report more things later on.

14. Martin

Martin Member

Right-click without two-button mouse by pressing and holding ctrl and then click is gone. what am I doing wrong?
    Thanks, Martin

PS if I once click outside parallels, then ctrl-click in the VM window, it works. just installing parallel tools 2nd time under release candidate ...

15. RujusMacBook

RujusMacBook Member

First Impressions

Parallels Team!

Thank you for yet another update. The client is getting better and better and I wanted to first off say thank you for all of your hard work.

As far as the RC client - I am encountering a few issues.

1. I am currently writing in WinXP in Parallels because OSX has no internet but Parallels WinXP does. I keep getting an IP address taken error in OSX
    2. Using Parallels Desktop RC Full Screen with Virtue (build 138) knocks parallels out of full screen mode each time a different desktop is looked at
    3. Trying to switch desktops with Virtue during Parallels WinXP boot up crashes Parallels

These are just some first impression issues. The new UI (icons, buttons, etc) look great and the installer is much nicer.

Thanks again for all of your hard work.

RujusMacBook

16. maverick808

maverick808 Hunter

Same here. Ctrl+Shift+Click works now. Odd... ctrl-click is much better.

17. Martin

Martin Member

thanks a lot for your quick reply. can live with a button more, but I want crtl-click back, too ;-)

18. RujusMacBook

RujusMacBook Member

My ctrl-click works just fine for right click.

19. Martin

Martin Member

int'l keyboard? I am on a german MacBook Pro

20. TC75

TC75 Bit poster

The same thing is happening to me as of the RC version.