GTA 5 hardware check failure since using PD15, PD14 worked fine (report id: 320510231)

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by kba, Aug 25, 2019.

1. kba

kba Bit poster

Since PD15 I have this hardware check failure on my iMac Pro (VEGA 56 PRO 8GB) when playing GTA 5 (via steam) and the game keeps crashing almost instantly and Windows 10 gets suspended. The graphics setting in GTA 5 don't matter at all, even at it's lowest settings I have this error.
    Strangely enough when using my MacBookPro (GeForce GT 750M 2GB) I have the same hardware check failure but the game does work without crashing. And than I don't even play on it's lowest settings. Before (when using PD14) I could play GTA V and GTA Online without any issues on the iMacPro.

hardware check failure.jpg

AdeT likes this.
  2. kba

kba Bit poster

After downgrading to PD14: Not a single crash when connecting or playing GTA5/GTA Online.

AdeT likes this.
  3. @kba, could you collect the tech data right after the issue reproduced and post the report's id here.

4. kba

kba Bit poster

It's in the header: ID 320510231

5. kba

kba Bit poster

Hi Maria,
    I'd like to tell you that the latest update PD 15.1.0 seems to work fine for my machine and GTA V/online. I haven't tested it extensively yet (only for about 20min in the game) but so far so good and there's no instant crash like with the initial release of PD15. Thank you for the update.