Ubuntu 19.04 can't install Parallels tools

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by Parkd2, Apr 18, 2019.

1. ParaKitty

ParaKitty Member

Hint: Two years from now.

2. NormandC1

NormandC1 Bit poster

My guess is that they are really busy preparing Parallels Desktop for macOS Catalina and the APFS file system. Carbon Copy Cloner, Adobe Lightroom, even Time Machine doesn't work right now, iCloud is having problems with it too. The change is major. Go read the post from the CEO of Bombich (CCC) to understand.

3. ParaKitty

ParaKitty Member

Could also be 'cause they've been taken-over twice, recently. I know I wouldn't be working very hard of I knew I was probably out of a job.

4. viola

viola Hunter

I am also worried. It appears the only answers that are being given on these forums have to do with licensing or maybe social media. No one with any technical ability seems to be talking anymore. It makes me think that Parallels IS in trouble!

5. MabryD

MabryD Bit poster

I just upgraded to Parallels 15 with hopes this will be resolved. When I cd to the parallel tools directory, all the filenames are shown in Kanji characters.

I think this was a before.

Is Ubuntu 19.04 supported by Parallels 15? I sure hope so.

6. MabryD

MabryD Bit poster

Update:

I did find that Ubuntu 19.04 is listed in the supported OS list.

I also found that I needed to start all the way over with a fresh Ubuntu 19.04 install. So after i removed my previous install and reinstalled, thing are working as expected.

Also, I did not need to do a separate step of installing the parallels tools. They were installed automatically.

So far so good!

Mabry

ParaKitty likes this.
  7. SimonGermain

SimonGermain Bit poster

19.04 seems to be supported, problem is, graphics drivers are not. When installing it, I can't use multiple screens, like I was able to before. This is really inconvenient. Any plans on fixing this?

When I load up the display settings, I always get "Unknown Display" and it just won't let me set a resolution or anything.

8. Alexander Haltman

Alexander Haltman Parallels Developers

It is supposed that in multi-monitor configuration you will change resolution and monitor arrangement on host side.

9. Alexander Haltman

Alexander Haltman Parallels Developers

It is supposed that in multi-monitor configuration you will change resolution and monitor arrangement on host side.
    And you need to delete file ~/.config/monitors.xml* inside guest OS.

10. LarkinD

LarkinD Bit poster

I need to fix my own site - telephones. Does someone know, can i use for it parallels tools?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2019
  11. ZIMZ

ZIMZ Member

- SB_SYNCHRONUS ?
    277:17 : MS_NOATIME <-- S_NOATIME

12. ZIMZ

ZIMZ Member