Parallels Toolbox for Mac, icon not appear in the menu bar

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Mac' started by YoshiS, Aug 27, 2019.

1. YoshiS

YoshiS Bit poster

I use Parallels Desktop for Mac Pro Edition and had Toolbox for Mac installed.

However the Toolbox icon doesn't appear in the menu bar and cannot launch each application from there.

Applications are found under Parallels Toolbox.app > Contents > Applications > Timer.app etc. and each app runs properly by clicking each of them.

Activity Monitor shows Parallels Toolbox is running, but the icon in the Dock doesn't have the Black Dot on it, suggesting it's not active.

How can I launch the Parallels Toolbox for Mac appropriately?

Thanks.

2. sergk

sergk Parallels Developers

Hello,
    try to quit stop Parallels Toolbox from Activity Monitor and launch it again.
    Also could you please attach screenshot of you mac menu bar? I'm interested in all menu bar icons

3. YoshiS

YoshiS Bit poster

Hi,
    I had gone through the suggested process a few times, i.e. stop Toolbox and launch it again. Also tried to reboot the MacOS. Unfortunately it doesn't work till now.

Attached, you'll find the icons on my menu bar. (in Japanese environment.) In order to find the root cause I had stopped and removed most of these icons, then launched Toolbox, but still doesn't work.

I have this issue on my MBP 15inch. I gave it a try on my MBA and it worked fine then.

Hope to get it resolved soon. Thanks.

Attached Files:

4. sergk

You have a lot of icons in menu bar, some of them could be overlapped by application menus. Open Text Edit application, e.g., it has short application menu. And make another one screenshot including application menu + menu bar icons.

5. YoshiS

YoshiS Bit poster

what do you mean by "Open Text Edit application, e.g., it has short application menu. " ?

I attached two screenshots, hope it makes sense.

Attached Files:

6. sergk

I mean activate Text Edit application. This application has short menu. My suggestion is that some of your menu bar icons, including Parallels Toolbox icon, are just overlapped by application menu. If you activate Text Edit you can see more of your menu bar icons.

Compare two screenshots.
    On first screenshot (where Text Edit is active) all my menu bar icons are visible (because application menu is short):
    Screen Shot 2019-08-28 at 06.59.53.png
    On second screenshot some of icons are invisible because they are overlapped by XCode menu:
    Screen Shot 2019-08-28 at 06.59.42.png

Also please generate Technical Report (https://kb.parallels.com/en/124107) and post it's ID here.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
  7. YoshiS

YoshiS Bit poster

Thanks for clarification. Here's a screenshot with Text Edit activated, while Toolbox is running as shown in Activity Monitor.

I have an issue in generating Technical Report. Because I don't see Parallels Toolbox icon on my menu bar, I have no access to "help->send Technical Data" Is there a way to create Technical Report without having Toolbox icon, given that Toolbox seems to be running in Activity Monitor?

Attached Files:

8. sergk

Sure, it was my mistake to suggest you generate report using invisible icon, sorry!

Thanks for screenshot, I see that there is no Parallels Toolbox icon and there is a lot of free space in menu bar. So the problem is in Parallels Toolbox.

Please, do the next:
    - Open Finder
    - Press Cmd+G
    - Enter ~/Library/Logs in appeared dialog
    - Compress the folder prl.toolbox (There are logs of Parallels Toolbox)
    - Send an archive (or link to it) to me in private message.

9. YoshiS

YoshiS Bit poster

I sent an archive file with the logs using Conversation function. Thanks!