Parallels 14 - transporter fails

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by TJF@Denver, Aug 31, 2019.

1. TJF@Denver

TJF@Denver Bit poster

i'm using parallels 14 (basic, non subscriptioni) latest paid for version, on mac os latest GA'd version. plenty of ram/HD,etc. resources and permissions and firewalls are not an issue. FW/antivirus on both source/target machines are disabled.

1. i'm aware of KB articles http://kb.parallels.com/119172 and http://kb.parallels.com/123929 ... i do not have the ability to write to an external hard drive and am only using the NETWORK option.

2. The transporter appears to have completed successfully ... 51.7Gb transferred ... it said it was successful on both ends (source and target). The file is verified on the target side.

3. Firing up on the target end the transported VM, it says "preparing to configure your virtual machine" ... gets 1/5th of the way through, and just quits and drops the VM altogether ... i don't have the ability to RESET or other items under ACTION ... they are greyed out ... of course no ability to install parallel tools as the VM isn't/hasn't started ... it just quits

4. any idea's? i'm thinking about trying VMWARE converter to see if it'll convert into vmware workstation for windows ... but that's a lot of work as i'll then (if successful) need to convert that to parallels afterwords ...

Attached Files:

DaveInToronto likes this.
  2. DaveInToronto

DaveInToronto Bit poster

I'm seeing the exact same thing. Using Parallels 14 Pro, Windows 10 Enterprise. I'm wondering if we need to disable BitLocker on the PC before starting the migration?

3. TJF@Denver

TJF@Denver Bit poster

funny thing ... i installed FUSION on the host and used its agent on the GUEST ... guess what? it worked just fine!

4. DaveInToronto

DaveInToronto Bit poster

Thanks. I was able to get it working with Fusion 11. Parallels wasn't able to convert it either. Guess I need to buy Fusion now...