Windows 10 with 2 of 3 monitors in full screen mode

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by WilliM., Sep 4, 2019.

1. WilliM.

WilliM. Bit poster

I have a Macbook with 2 external monitors.

I only want to display the VM on the two external monitors and use the Mac Desktop for macOS apps.

Can this be configured?
    thanks

2. JohnW8

JohnW8 Junior Member

I use the OSX feature to create Multiple Spaces or Desktops, this allows you to have different desktops for different apps ie Parallels can be displayed in Full screen mode on two of your displays, suing different desktops.

Using a Trackpad you can swipe either left or right to move between desktops.

One way to start creating additional desktops is to select F3 on the keyboard and you should get a menu par appear on all the displays with a + sign in the right hand corner, use this to create extra Desktops (Spaces) then select which Desktop you want to use Parallels in.

JohnW

3. Hi JohnW8. Unfortunately, it is not possible. Either you can use the Windows virtual machine on a single monitor or with all the monitors.

4. JohnW8

JohnW8 Junior Member

Hello,
    I was referring to the Apple OSX feature called spaces, which allows you to create virtual Desktops on the same physical display, so you could have two or even three physical displays and then configure "spaces" on each display so for example on my system i have three displays and i have 3 or 4 spaces on each of them, so effectively i have 9 or 10 Desktops each with different apps open, i flick between the spaces on each display via the track pad...... The system i use Parallels on has two displays and about 10 Spaces 5 on each, but it does not need to the be the same number of spaces on each display. I use Parallels Windows Guest OS in full screen mode and i have one space on each display set up as my windows environment. If i want to go back to OSX space on one or both displays i just use the track pad to swipe either left or right in any display to select the particular space, so see all spaces on each display press F3 on the apple keyboard.

It works.
    Thx

JohnW

5. aradr

aradr Bit poster

When i wanna Use Multiple Monitors "Use all displays in full screen" doesn't show up in the options at all, even though I have external 2 displays

6. Hi aradr. Please follow the steps from this article to reinstall Parallels Tools and check whether you get the option.