Sound output to both speakers and Headset

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by RobertS8, Sep 16, 2019.

1. RobertS8

RobertS8 Bit poster

Is this possible from a Windows 10 VM, Reason I ask is on my VM I use Microsoft Teams and Skype For business, when the VM is configured to use the headset everything works fine, however if I take the headset off I don't hear anyone ringing as all sound is going through the headset. In a native windows mode you can have it also ring the speakers ...

Also playing audio youtube etc all come through headphones, but a windows native machine uses the speakers for that...

Anyway to do this ?

2. @RobertS8, when you take the headset off, what you got into the Windows VM settings? If you manually set it to speakers after taking headset off, will it work as expected?

3. jdxjohn

jdxjohn Member

I was just going to start a thread on this - on my Mac I have multiple audio inputs/outputs (headset, webcam, speakers, etc). On the Mac on Skype or whatever I can switch between them.
    But it seems in Parallels I can only share ONE audio in and ONE audio out to the VM? I can set if these are system default, or explicitly lock them, but then in the Windows guest OS I will never be able to see more than one in and one out device?