Please help: Updated Parallels and now can't access

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by PSUPrincss, Oct 20, 2007.

1. PSUPrincss

PSUPrincss Bit poster

Before the update, I would click on Parallels Desktop in my Mac dock, then press Play when that window opened. Even when Parallels was suspended, I would be able to see both the Windows side and the Mac side. Now, after the update, when I do those same things, I cannot find the Windows side. I then have to go to Parallels Desktop, change it to view as a Single Window, then change it back to Cohesive after that happens.

Can someone help me figure out how to have it open on Cohesive all of the time like it did before?

Thank you!

2. Hugh Watkins

Hugh Watkins Forum Maven

sounds like an issue I don't see

I run always in a single wondow but use two screens
    and an external HD for the VM

so coherence seems more of a gimmick than a tool to me

Hugh W

3. biglar

biglar Pro

Go to the Configuration editor while the VM is stopped (before loading windows). Click on options -->Startup mode --> and set to coherence.

Regards

4. PSUPrincss

PSUPrincss Bit poster

Where is the Configuration editor? How do I get to options? When I first click on Parallels Desktop, it is through the Mac dock. I don't see Options anywhere. I'm sorry if this sounds like a stupid question. I'm still new to the dual Mac thing :)

5. fast_ian

fast_ian Member

Sounds like you guys are talking about two different versions - In mine (3.0, 4560) the configuration editor is invoked from the "edit" button in the toolbar - "Virtual machine" is the only choice - Select it, and all kinds of interesting options present themselves.....

It sounds like you want to select "Coherence" and play with the options therein.

HTH,
    Cheers,
    Ian