How to get out of Coherence mode??

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by DavidA4, Sep 23, 2019.

1. DavidA4

DavidA4 Hunter

I've got a MacBook running High Sierra (macOS) and my VM is Ubuntu (Linux). I accidentally pressed the blue button putting it (Ubuntu) into Coherence mode. I'd like to exit out of Coherence mode - but have no idea how, what button that'd be or even where that button would be. Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,

David

2. DashtonP

DashtonP Member

If you right click the parallels application in the dock on the bottom of your screen, you should see a bunch of options. One of them should be 'View' or something similar, you can exit coherence there by choosing 'Windowed' or 'Fullscreen'.

DavidA4 likes this.
  3. Hi David, follow instructions from https://kb.parallels.com/4670 to know how to exit Coherence view mode.

DavidA4 likes this.
  4. StanT3

StanT3 Bit poster

Parallels started an upgrade while I was in the middle of some other work, and the update defaulted it to Coherence, while I was too busy to go figure out what it was saying. Thanks for the post - yeah to summarize - right-click Windows 10 in the dock, then select View/Exit Coherence. I hate that Parallels chose to default the upgrade this way and force everyone to figure out for themselves how to turn it OFF. Took me the 30 minutes to figure out that my Parallels/Windows wasn't BROKEN. Big THUMBS-DOWN to PARALLELS for forcing this on us as an upgrade default!!!!!!!

5. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, we are sorry to hear that. Please let us know if you have any further queries. Thanks, Parallels Team.