Start Menu Location in 1903

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by DanM9, Jun 15, 2019.

1. MarkW23

MarkW23 Junior Member

Will parallels dev team backport this bug fixed to parallels 14?

2. VaidyM

VaidyM Junior Member

I seriously doubt that, Mark. I updated my MBP to 10.15 Beta 8 last night. Surprised to see how things got so much better with Parallels. Apparently, PD15 and macOS 10.15 is the combination that works well. Seems more like the team just focus on this combination and I don't see anything coming up for either PD14 or macOS 10.14.X compatibility.

3. MarkW23

MarkW23 Junior Member

The issue happened in PD14 before PD15 released. Even parallel change their business model to subscription, they have the responsibility to fixed it for those people who bought PD14 only and who can't upgrade to PD15 and macOS 10.15 at this moment. I love to upgrade my pd, but not in this situation.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. VaidyM

VaidyM Junior Member

I totally understand. I can't speak for the PD team, and I shouldn't be making wild/unfounded guesses. What I mentioned was just my gut feeling. I may be wrong (or worse, I may be right). We must hear from the team themselves. Unfortunately, they've been silent so far.

5. MarkW23

MarkW23 Junior Member

Thanks for your understanding.

6. KimT1

KimT1 Bit poster

PD team seems to be shying away from the problem. With their subscription model that does not make a lot of sense in terms of pricing, the only way to push us to buy the new PD version or go for subscription is to drop updating major bugs for older version.
    Subscription cost 80% of perm license which makes perm license the choice as at least at the end you get to keep the software. Yearly release with no update on major bugs (like this case) will force perm license user to subscription. This whole arrangement looks like a scam to me.
    I like PD alot, I really do hope the company can relook at how this is being handled.

MarkW23 and VaidyM like this.
  7. MarkW23

MarkW23 Junior Member

That's why I am angry for.

I like PD a lot just like you, that's why I upgrade it every year. But I really don't want to upgrade in this situation, I just feel like no subscription no bug fix in any permanent license.

8. MarkW23

MarkW23 Junior Member

If the issue happened after PD15 release, I won't ask for this bug fix and I'll happy upgrade my PD14 to PD15 to get the fix.

VaidyM likes this.
  9. KimT1

KimT1 Bit poster

Exactly, could not agree more with you. I mean, if the subscription price makes sense. I really don't mind going for subscription model. 80% of retail version price and limited to just 1 machine. If they keep it at same price but multiple machine or lower the price like 40-50% of retail price I really don't mind paying for it. Taking Office 365 as a reference, yearly subscription is 46% of retail price with multiple device use, I think it is reasonable.

MarkW23 likes this.
  10. KimT1

KimT1 Bit poster

I think the most frustrating part is PD team decided to shy away from the problem and stop responding to this thread. Hiding away and pretend that the problem does not exist, this definitely does not equate to good customer service. I think as customer we needed an official closure to this, will this be patched or not for PD14.

11. VaidyM

VaidyM Junior Member

Every single software company is moving towards a subscription model as we speak. I'm a software consultant myself. I can understand the subscription model very well and the benefits for the developers.

However, in this particular case, PD team must release a fix for PD14 so the incremental features alone are inaccessible for PD14 users. Not sure if they're listening, which is even less reassuring.

MarkW23 likes this.
  12. Guys, we will provide you with updates about the fix in Parallels Desktop 14, once it will be available for us.
    Please accept our apologize for the inconvenience.

MarkW23 likes this.
  13. MarkW23

MarkW23 Junior Member

@Maria@Parallels Thanks for your feedback, I appreciate your company hear our voice. I wish can get the fix for PD14 as soon as possible, thanks!

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  14. MarkW23

MarkW23 Junior Member

15. Unfortunately no, the only update that we got is that fix is available in the Parallels Desktop 15.
    Sorry for the inconvenience.

16. KimT1

KimT1 Bit poster

So you are saying PD team decided not to fix this problem and is forcing customer to upgrade or buy your subscription?

MarkW23 likes this.