Parallels Access support for iPad Pro 11" (2018)

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by DavidP24, Mar 16, 2019.

1. DavidP24

DavidP24 Bit poster

I was directed to put this bug report here by the support team.

Here's the bug - The iPad UI for Parallels Access app seems to only support 4:3 ratios. The iPad Pro 11" has a different resolution (and ratio) than the older iPad Pro (specifically, 2388-by-1668). iOS scales down the 4:3 UI, leaving black bars on the left and right of the app. This then compounds the additional scaling that happens because the Mac UI doesn't quite match the app.

Can the app have support added for the iPad Pro 11"? It's basically rendering the app useless on that device.

Thanks!

2. Hi, thanks a lot for sharing your feedback.
    Parallels Engineering team are working on it. Once we get any updates we will inform your and other customers.

3. NickA7

NickA7 Bit poster

Hi @Maria@Parallels is there any progress to this issue - do we have a schedule to its resolution? I'm at a cross roads as waiting to deploy as our remote access solution, and surprising it is actually an issue to start with... any update most welcome.

Thx Nick...

4. ZIMZ

ZIMZ Member

Can the app have support added for the iPad Pro 11"? It's basically rendering the app useless on that device.

5. Hi, the latest version Parallels Access 5.0. supports newest versions of iPad, please update and check.

6. In the newest version of Parallels Access (5.0) has been improved the way how Parallels Access is displayed on the latest iPads
    Please check the info about all updates at this KB article

7. ZIMZ

ZIMZ Member

It's basically rendering the app useless on that device.

8. Did you get the same issue with the newest version of Parallels Access?

9. MatthewP18

MatthewP18 Bit poster

I'm using the latest version and the app still has black bars on iPad Pro 11" and doesn't fill the screen. Considering how long it's been since these devices launched, this is disappointing.

10. BenH9

BenH9 Bit poster

Is there any update on a fix for this issue? I'm on the latest version of Parallels Access and iPad Pro 11 and still have the black bars down each side of the screen. Thanks.

11. Hi, please collect the tech. report right after the issue reproduced and post the report's ID here.
    Looking forward to your reply.

12. BenH9

BenH9 Bit poster

Hi Maria, I generated the report. ID: 331100715

13. JeffH17

JeffH17 Bit poster

Was this issue resolved? I am having the same bug on my iPad Pro 11 inch not using the correct resolution to fill the screen

14. Hi, please share your Parallels Access version with us.

15. JeffH17

JeffH17 Bit poster