Network Selection Parrallel windows on MAC

Discussion in 'Parallels Access and Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by christiany, Sep 26, 2019.

1. christiany

christiany Bit poster

Greetings

I hope someone can give me assistance regarding my problem. I'm trying to run a specific windows network base program to monitor office finances. I need to be on a local network to access and cofigure the program. Problem is when I am on the Parallel windows program, I try to select and view the certain networks available there is nothing to be seen. I am able to select the network from the network options in the MAC window. When the network is selected on parallel the windows specific program in cannot detect the network.

I think I need be able to select the network locally on my windows parallels to work, but can't seem to do so. I've restarted, and diagnosed and followed recommendations in windows parallel but still seem not to work. Or it is not really possible to have a direct network on the parallel network and i need to work from the MAC network system

Hope someone can help. I cant also seem to find a support email for parallels program thats why I'm posting here.

CY

2. Hi christiany. Please start the virtual machine, select Actions (from the Mac menu bar) -> Configure -> Hardware -> Network and set the source to 'Default Adapter' so that the virtual machine will get the IP address directly from the network to which the Mac is connected. Then check if it works as expected.

3. christiany

christiany Bit poster

Hello Sathiya Im trying to configure and I am confused. Am I suppose to do this in the MAC window or in the window parrallel window? Hope you can help me, thank you...

4. christiany

christiany Bit poster

Do achieve this by changing somethin in the windows parrellel ethernet newtowrk adaptor?

5. When you start Parallels Desktop vm you will see the Actions tab on the top Mac menubar.
    Please let us know if you need more help with that.