Print entire web page (even content below the fold) in a browser

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox Feature Suggestions' started by martin@lerchdesign.com, Oct 10, 2019.

?

Would you like to have this feature?

1. Yes - want it

50.0%
  2. Kinda want it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No - not needed

50.0%
  1. martin@lerchdesign.com

martin@lerchdesign.com Junior Member

I would like for you to implement a print entire web page feature. Currently you can capture a window, however that hides the contents you have to scroll to. You can select a recording / capture area, and you record / capture the entire screen, but you can't print an entire page in a browser. I use Safari mostly. There used to be a plugin for this called Awesome Screenshot. But now it is only available for Chrome. This extension lets you do a variety of features:

upload_2019-10-10_19-38-47.png

Just to show you, here is a full web page:

full_page_shot_small.png

They actually have a plethora of tools in Awesome Screenshot, that come up after the page is captured. Realy nice features. Wished that your paid extension had these features. You should check it out!

https://www.awesomescreenshot.com/

Thank you,

Martin

2. Alex Patsay

Alex Patsay Parallels Team

Hi Martin,
    Toolbox does have a tool named "Screenshot Page" that takes a screenshot of long web pages
    Screen Shot 2019-10-11 at 11.52.44 AM.png

3. martin@lerchdesign.com

Argh, I am such a dork. Thanks :)

4. martin@lerchdesign.com

So, I tried it out, but it does not seem to work for me! For me it only takes whatever is in the view. I do get a message stating "Please avoid scrolling or resizing of the window while screenshot is taken", but it does not show the entire page. Tried it on multiple pages, but always the same result. Please advise.

Thanks.

Martin