Can't install and open PD15 on Catalina

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by DavidK37, Oct 13, 2019.

1. DavidK37

DavidK37 Bit poster

Hello, after Catalina install I wasn't able to start PD12. I bought PD15, download it and try to install. It stopped on step "remove old version". I restarted OSX and installation was (may be) successful. I tried to open app but it stopped in very first step, I can't start app and I have no access to my Windows 10. Whan can I do?

2. What message did you get?
    Please try to completely remove Parallels Desktop and install it again and check.

3. DavidK37

DavidK37 Bit poster

Hello, thank you for the first help from Parallels side.
    No message there.
    I removed all Parallels installations (by last version of CleanMyMac), stopped last running proces (parallelsIM) and tried to install it again. After "check of new software" icon of app appeared in line bellow and approx 2 minutes jumped, then is calm without dot under. Click of right mouse button shows only "force quit" because app doesn't respond.

What is your next suggestion? I need Parallels for my daily work...

4. Just for check, please download the Parallels Desktop 15 from this link and start is as usual.
    If it doesn't help, please collect the tech report right after the issue reproduced and post the report's id here.

5. DavidK37

DavidK37 Bit poster

Hello Maria, I'm in touch with technical support team with case number 2666051. We had online session (without result) and still are working on it. Thank you for recommendation, it can be one of my today steps.

6. Got it, thanks a lot for sharing this.